- CHS Board appoints Aristides Pallin as new President & CEO
- Vacation rental startup, Snackt, launches nationwide
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
Located at Las Olas Oceanside Park, on A1A and Las Olas, the inaugural Tribute to America's Heroes will honor First Responders and those that protect our country and communities by coming together to celebrate the freedoms we share while cheering heroes to victory.
Event producers Stev Stephens, Phil Carrington, and Brett Williamson are best known as the team behind the obstacle course for the successful Ninja Warrior brand. Their newest project, The Human Baton, is a global high-energy relay race with multiple stages over land, sea, air, and online. Their goal is to capture the energy of the race into a one-day immersive experience with Fort Lauderdale as the backdrop.
Our Tribute to America's Heroes and The Human Baton produced by Stev Stephens to showcase our support to the heroes on the beautiful sandy oasis of Fort Lauderdale Beach.
More on The Floridant
- Latina Economic Advancement Project Celebrates Launch with Unveiling of Limited-Edition Scarf
- VMA Hosting Robot Brawl at Jackie Robinson Ballpark Oct. 2, 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- Backstage Divas Returns to 98ROCKFEST After Pandemic Hiatus
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
Fred Roger, Executive Director of The Veterans Trust, says, "By bringing together the community in a unique manner to express the patriotism and love of country, our goal is to commemorate the events of 9/11, pay tribute to our American heroes and celebrate those that stand to defend this nation."
Las Olas Oceanside Park will transform into a community affair with a family-friendly kid zone hosted by FLIPANY, a pop-up food village serving up the area's most delectable eats, an opportunity to learn more about our military and first responders, video game trucks, and simulators provided by local US Military organizations, an exclusive VIP village with refreshing cocktails, and a collection of the city's tastemakers. In addition, there will be a stage program to respectfully pay homage to 9/11 while celebrating America and those that protect it. The day will culminate with an immersive Human Baton experience.
Our mission behind The Human Baton experiences is to leave each city a better place than when they found it. All net proceeds will be distributed by The Veterans Trust to eight local nonprofits. In addition, funds will support critical initiatives in the local community focused on employment, education, and various veteran programs.
The schedule of events surrounding the Tribute to America's Heroes will also include:
- A Hangar charitable fundraiser on August 28.
- An invite-only VIP kickoff party on September 10.
- An epic closing celebration on the evening of September 11.
* Pending Final City Commission Approval*
More on The Floridant
- Backstage Divas Returns to 101.1 WJRR's EarthDay Birthday After Pandemic Hiatus
- 08:38 ET WorkTraining.com Releases its First Online Spanish Course: Entrenamiento Sobre Sospecha Razonable del DOT
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- PAG Law continues to be recognized for its leading venture capital practice
ABOUT THE VETERANS TRUST
We are innovating how veterans who served since 2013, The Veterans Trust is a foundation that brings together organizations and resources to solve friction points experienced by our service members, veterans, first responders, and family members. The organization enhances programs through collaborative and adaptive strategies that enable effectively and streamline solutions. In addition, The Veterans Trust is the nation's leading veteran organization providing life-changing motorsports experiences to our nation's heroes.
THE HUMAN BATON
The Human Baton aims to create a new race experience that places the audience at the center of the action. Expert drivers and their vehicles come from seven different race disciplines to form each team to compete in the global race series. Their navigator is The Human Baton Athlete, who is passed across the racecourse and acts as the storyteller, becoming the eyes and ears of the audience. This high-energy race takes place over land, sea, and air, and throughout a continent rather than a traditional racetrack environment. The race combines the speed of Super Cars, Drift Cars, Thundercats, Endurance Horses, Rally Cars, and Helicopters into one racecourse with multiple legs. The Human Baton will participate in and endure each portion of the race as a co-pilot and navigator to keep the world engaged throughout the journey. For more information, please visit https://www.thehumanbaton.com.
Contact: Mike Penrod, [email protected]
SOURCE Veterans Trust
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Colography Group & Halstatt Legacy Partners
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Ian Black Real Estate hires veteran sales associate
- Moss Celebrates Completion of Landmark South in Doral
- Docu-Real TV Series "Awakening Giants" Produced by Legacy Life Productions to Premiere on October 10th on Vimeo as Part of a 3-Day Virtual Event Designed to Inspire Change in Humanity
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present 60s Legends BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida resumes field trip program for area seventh graders
- Slash Fitness and Delray Beach Market Partner to Host Weekend Workout
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® Teams Up with Tim Tebow Foundation to Battle Human Trafficking
- GMA Architects & Planners completes design for new Estero Crossing retail buildings in Estero
- Linda Lindenmoyer expands role to also manage the relocation division for Florida Realty
- New Florida Film Fund launched
- Boys & Girls Club of Collier County adds two members to Board of Directors
- Miami Dolphins and Broxel Announce Multi-Year Agreement
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Love That Dress! shopping event raises $65,000 for Pace Center for Girls, Lee
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling