- Ways to "Defy Nature" to be Presented at Free Seminar
- St. Augustine historical landmark, The Pink Castle, highlights charitable event on May 1
- Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples Real Estate Broker CEO Is Concerned About The 17 Million Americans Behind on Their Mortgage Payments
"All pets deserve a loving home. While some animals are adopted more quickly than others, all pets available for adoption at ACPS make great additions to families in our community. ACPS staff and volunteer matchmakers are ready to answer all your questions and help you adopt the perfect furry Valentine for your family," explained ACPS Division Chief Jennifer Walter.
ACPS recommends the following when adopting a pet:
- Be mindful of the environment: If you are already a pet owner, take the time to slowly introduce a new animal. This gradual introduction can help potential adopters observe a pet's behaviors while keeping introductions positive. No need to rush when starting a new lifelong friendship.
- Activity matters: Some animals require more exercise and activity than others. Take the time to learn about the animal you are adopting to see if your activity levels are a match.
- Does it make dollars and sense?: ACPS offers free- or low-cost adoptions, but don't forget the long-term care of a pet is an expense. Ask us about affordable veterinary care and how to plan for unexpected costs
- Take it slowly and be patient: Like humans, pets have unique personalities and their own personal history. It may take time to for your adopted pet to get comfortable in a new environment, get used to new people or to warm up to other pets. Be patient, show lots of love and help your new pet adjust.
More on The Floridant
- Avalife Improves Mental Focus, Clarity, and Alertness with Mind Focus
- BIWIN to Offer Predator-Branded Memory and Personal Storage Products
- Former City Council Candidate Launches Fourth Installment of Job Fair
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- FDR Training Agenda and Compelling Opening Keynote Speaker Announced for 2021 Event in Orlando, Fla
ACPS enhances the quality of life in our neighborhoods by offering quality pets for adoption at a reasonable cost. ACPS is dedicated to providing a high level of service to the citizens of Jacksonville and to saving lives of all adoptable animals in our community. Animal Care and Protective Services can be reached via email at JaxPets@COJ.net or call (904) 630-CITY (2489).
Latest on The Floridant
- Florida: WHAT THEY ARE SAYING: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Hallmark Anti-Rioting Legislation Taking Unapologetic Stand for Public Safety
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC, Earns Lifetime Achievement Award
- Carrier Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Appgate Included in New Tech Report for Zero Trust Network Access by Independent Research Firm
- ResortNet Completes Installation Of Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) to Rural Colorado Residential Community
- Womxn of Color Summit's The Art of Authentic Living Brought Over 350 Women of Color and Non-Binary People of Color Together to Heal in Community
- A Timeless $14 Million, Mediterranean Villa is one of the Highest-Priced Listings In Tampa
- National Association of Tax Professionals announces sessions in virtual education event
- Heron Welcomes First Residents in Water Street Tampa
- MONAT Launches Sustainability Program "Building a Beautiful World" With TerraCycle® Recycling Partnership and New Products
- Jacksonville: Friends of James Weldon Johnson Park Announces 2021 UNF Sculpture Project
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Announces Next Public Exhibition, THE NEW NORMAL: COVID TIMES, May 21-July 31
- WHO-Compliant, FDA-approve Quantum-ION® Long-lasting, Contactless, Antimicrobial Protection
- League of Women Voters PBC Invites Public to Two FREE and Informative Zoom Events in May
- Sandline Welcomes Trusted Forensic Expert & Advisor Robert B. Fried
- MICROJIG collaborates with Powermatic on co-branded drill press upgrade
- Andrews Federal Credit Union Wins 2021 Diamond Awards in Two Categories
- Children's author releases first book in the Nick series
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces Expansion into Pennsylvania