A portion of S Ashley Drive between E Jackson Street and Channelside Drive, E Whiting Street between S Tampa Street and S Ashley Drive and the Riverwalk between E Whiting Street and W Platt Street/Channelside Drive will close beginning on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 for building demolition. A private contractor will be demolishing the six story Cap Trust building on the southwest corner of Ashley Drive and Whiting Street for a new residential high-rise.
Ashley Drive between E Whiting Street and E Brorein Street, the southbound lane on Ashley Drive between Washington Street and Whiting Street, the westbound left turn lane on E Whiting Street at the Ashley Drive intersection, the northbound lane of S Ashley Drive between the Tampa Convention Center parking garage exit and E Brorein Street, and S Ashley Drive between Channelside Drive and the Tampa Convention Center parking garage exit will close at 9 am on September 24, 2019.
S Ashley Drive between Channelside Drive and the Tampa Convention Center parking garage exit will open during Special Events at the Amalie Arena for Uber and Lyft drop-off and pick-up only.
More on The Floridant
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds U.S. Department of Justice for More Than $291 Million in Public Safety Grant Awards
- Leadership NEXT announces 2019-2020 committee
- Local Plant Festival celebrates 25 years
- Dress for Success SW Florida announces sponsors for 2019 Shop for Success
- SWFL Children's Charities announces theme, co-chairs for 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest
The Riverwalk between W Whiting St and E Brorein Street and the sidewalk on the west side of Ashley Drive between Whiting Street and Brorein Street will be closed during most of the construction. Pedestrian and Riverwalk access will be maintained via signage to other sidewalks in the area at all times.
The Riverwalk will be open by 4 pm on Friday, October 26, 2019.
It is anticipated that all lanes on Ashley Drive and Whiting Street will open to traffic by 4 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa, Planning & Development
(813) 274-3100, Option 4: Catherine.email@example.com
Latest on The Floridant
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Tender Offer for Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Tampa: Temporary Road Closure Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) to begin October 21, 2019 for Miscellaneous Construction
- Lucd and Edge Technology Group Enterprise AI Agreement
- SecureEPLS Broadens Service with Additional Exclusion Lists
- Tampa: Lane Closures on Hanley Road Between West Waters Avenue and Winging Way Drive
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial and Aviation Industry Leaders in New York
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings