A portion of S Meridian Avenue between E Cumberland Avenue and Channelside Drive and Channelside Drive between S Meridian Avenue and Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) will close on Monday, September 23, 2019 for utility construction. A TECO contractor will be installing underground electrical service on the west side of S Meridian Avenue between E Cumberland Avenue and Channelside Drive.
The southbound right turn lane on S Meridian Avenue between E Cumberland Avenue and Channelside Drive and one (1) westbound lane on Channelside Drive between S Meridian Avenue and Water Avenue will close at 9 am on September 23, 2019.
Two (2) southbound lanes on S Meridian Avenue between E Cumberland Avenue and Channelside Drive and one (1) westbound lane on Channelside Drive between S Meridian Avenue and Water Street will be maintained at all times during construction, with delays.
During construction, the sidewalk on the west side of S Meridian Avenue between E Cumberland Avenue and Channelside Drive and the sidewalk on the north side of Channelside Drive between S Meridian Avenue and Water Street will be closed. Pedestrian access will be maintained via signage to other sidewalks in the area, during construction.
More on The Floridant
- SWFL Children's Charities announces theme, co-chairs for 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest
- Ana Puszkin-Chevlin, Ph.D. chosen to direct climate solutions in Southwest Florida
- Junior Achievement announces sponsors for 2019 Business Hall of Fame, Collier County
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce's Oct. 24 luncheon to discuss SWFL's workforce
- How i recovered my email account
The sidewalk on the north side of Channelside Drive between S Meridian Avenue and Water Street will remain closed through the end of 2019, due to other on-going construction projects.
All lanes on S Meridian Avenue and on Channelside Drive will be open to traffic by 4 pm on Friday September 27, 2019, weather permitting.
The public can stay connected with the ongoing construction project by visiting DowntownTampaGrid.com. Questions or comments should be directed to the project team by email at email@example.com or by phone at (813) 607-GRID (4743).
A high resolution map with the City of Tampa's suggested alternate routes can be found embedded below:
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 4; firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on The Floridant
- Tampa: Lane Closures on Hanley Road Between West Waters Avenue and Winging Way Drive
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial and Aviation Industry Leaders in New York
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- Harden Expands South Florida Office, Adding Corey Mershon
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Tampa: Mayor Jane Castor Launches Intersection of Innovation