A portion of S Florida Avenue between Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) and Channelside Drive closed on Saturday, August 17, 2019, for building construction. A private contractor will stage a crane on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive to disassemble the tower crane on the JW Marriott hotel.
The northbound lanes on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive will close at 8 am on August 17, 2019.
One (1) northbound lane and one (1) southbound lane on S Florida Avenue between Old Water Street and Channelside Drive will be maintained on the west side of S Florida Avenue during construction, with delays.
The sidewalk on the east side of S Florida Avenue between Water Street and the mid-block crosswalk (Thunder Alley) and on the north side of Water Street between S Florida Avenue and S Morgan Street will remain closed during construction. Pedestrians will be detoured to other available sidewalks in the area with signage.
More on The Floridant
- The South Florida Garden Show with Mark Benson Debuts This Saturday at 10 am on 850 WFTL
- Tampa: Temporary Road/Lane Closures on S Ashley Drive, E Whiting Street and Riverwalk Closure to begin September 24, 2019 for Building Demolition
- Gospel Heritage South Florida Changes Name to Think! Leadership Conference
- First Friday Kicks off Fall Festival in Downtown St. Pete October 4th
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
All lanes except the northbound eastern curb lane on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive will reopen to traffic by 1 pm on Sunday, August 18, 2019, weather permitting.
Additional lane/road closures will be required throughout the construction of the new hotel. The new hotel is scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 4; firstname.lastname@example.org
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
Latest on The Floridant
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Southwest Florida Created More Than 15,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Tampa Area Created More Than 21,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces the Jacksonville Area Created More Than 13,000 New Jobs Over the Year
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Miami Area Created More Than 28,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Orlando Area Continues to Lead in Job Growth for 53 Consecutive Months
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Florida's Economy Continues to Grow and Diversify for the Future
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Fort Lauderdale Area Created Nearly 12,000 New Jobs Over the Year
- Tampa: Today, September 20th Mayor Jane Castor will hold a press conference
- BOMANI Cold Buzz™ Announces Partnership with Integrity Wellness Brands
- Attorney Chase Howard Joins Florida Healthcare Law Firm
- INF announces new Technology Ventures Group
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Sanibel/Captiva Top Producers for August
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Fort Myers Beach Top Producers for August
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Company Top Producers for August
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on S Lois Avenue that began July 29, 2019 for Utility Work to be Extended
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® of Ponte Vedra Teams Up with K9s For Warriors
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
- Jacksonville: Find Your New Best Friend at the ACPS Duval Ford Adoption Event
- Tampa: Lane Closure on West Azeele Street Between South West Shore Boulevard and South Hesperides Street
- Tampa: Lane Closure on South Armenia Avenue Between West Cleveland Street and West Platt Street