A portion of S Florida Avenue between Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) and Channelside Drive closed on Saturday, August 17, 2019, for building construction. A private contractor will stage a crane on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive to disassemble the tower crane on the JW Marriott hotel.
The northbound lanes on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive will close at 8 am on August 17, 2019.
One (1) northbound lane and one (1) southbound lane on S Florida Avenue between Old Water Street and Channelside Drive will be maintained on the west side of S Florida Avenue during construction, with delays.
The sidewalk on the east side of S Florida Avenue between Water Street and the mid-block crosswalk (Thunder Alley) and on the north side of Water Street between S Florida Avenue and S Morgan Street will remain closed during construction. Pedestrians will be detoured to other available sidewalks in the area with signage.
More on The Floridant
- Deepak Chopra and Ismael Cala join forces in Mexico to celebrate 25 years of "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" English España - español Brazil - Português Latin America - español USA - español
- Tampa: W Country Club Drive Closure between N Boulevard and N Florida Avenue
- Minnesota Twins Celebrity Golf Classic raises $76K for the Regional Cancer Center
- Cardinal Point Homeland Security Group - First Company Authorized in Pennsylvania to Provide School Security Personnel Training
- New Procedure Available to Treat Enlarged Prostate Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
All lanes except the northbound eastern curb lane on S Florida Avenue between Water Street and Channelside Drive will reopen to traffic by 1 pm on Sunday, August 18, 2019, weather permitting.
Additional lane/road closures will be required throughout the construction of the new hotel. The new hotel is scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 4; email@example.com
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
Latest on The Floridant
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Danny Wimmer Presents on Major Investment from The Yucaipa Companies
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closures on Knights Run Avenue began February 24, 2020 for Utility Construction
- The Countdown Begins UNIFEST2020 is Only 3 Months Away
- Meals On Wheels South Florida Joins In Month-Long March For Meals Celebration
- Local Actor bids for acting part in Mel Gibson's Sequel POTC2
- MIAMI SCLC Presents 2020 Teen Sensation Live Auditions
- Casting Revealed For The New National Tour Of Cameron Mackintosh's Miss Saigon
- Former state attorney Russell joins Ringsmuth, Day and O'Halloran law firm
- BucksApp, a Miami-based Fintech Focused on Students, Has Launched; Fast, Safe and Easy to Use
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs CS/HB 1087 – Domestic Violence Services
- All property owners, renters should have flood insurance
- Tampa: Temporary Road Closure N Marion Street to begin March 7, 2020 for Utility Maintenance
- City of Tampa Prepared for Potential COVID-19 Threat
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on Bayshore Boulevard to begin March 2, 2020 for Utility Construction
- Tampa: Temporary Road Closures for the CSX Railroad Crossing Maintenance - Update
- Earn to Learn FL raises more than $135,000 at Mentors of IMPACT gala
- Promotional Marketing Expert Danette Gossett On How Inseparable The Inside Is From The Outside
- Tampa: Update #1: Cancellation of Scheduled Lane Closure on West Swann Avenue Between South Gomez and South Audubon Avenues
- Transit Screen Software, TransitAccess™, Goes Greener with Car Charging Stations
- Beacon Lake Honored at Laurel Awards