A portion of W Cypress Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue will close daily beginning on Thursday, October 10, 2019, at 9 am as part of the Midtown Tampa development project. A private contractor will be performing intersection improvements, including the installation of stormwater inlets and curbing at W Cypress Street and N Dale Mabry Highway.
One (1) eastbound lane of W Cypress Street between N Church Avenue and N Marie Avenue will close daily from 9 am to 4 pm beginning on October 10, 2019.
One (1) eastbound traffic lane on W Cypress Street between N Church Avenue and N Marie Avenue will be maintained at all times during construction, with delays.
During a subsequent phase, one (1) westbound lane of W Cypress Street between N Marie Avenue and N Church Avenue will close.
One (1) westbound traffic lane on W Cypress Street between N Marie Avenue and N Church Avenue will be maintained at all times during construction, with delays.
More on The Floridant
- SWFL Children's Charities announces theme, co-chairs for 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest
- Ana Puszkin-Chevlin, Ph.D. chosen to direct climate solutions in Southwest Florida
- Junior Achievement announces sponsors for 2019 Business Hall of Fame, Collier County
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce's Oct. 24 luncheon to discuss SWFL's workforce
- How i recovered my email account
The sidewalks in the construction area will be closed. Pedestrians will be routed to other sidewalks in the area, via signage.
All lanes on W Cypress Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue will be open to traffic by 4 pm on Friday, February 28, 2020, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion.
Eastbound and westbound motorists can use W Spruce Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue, in lieu of W Cypress Street.
Eastbound and westbound trucks can use W Kennedy Boulevard between N Lois Avenue and N MacDill Avenue, in lieu of W Cypress Street.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 4; email@example.com
Latest on The Floridant
- Tampa: Lane Closures on Hanley Road Between West Waters Avenue and Winging Way Drive
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial and Aviation Industry Leaders in New York
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- Harden Expands South Florida Office, Adding Corey Mershon
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Tampa: Mayor Jane Castor Launches Intersection of Innovation