A portion of W Cypress Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue will close daily beginning on Monday, August 19, 2019, as part of the Midtown Tampa development project. A utility contractor will be installing electric service to an existing utility pole on the south side of W Cypress Street between N Dale Mabry Highway and N Himes Avenue. One (1) eastbound lane of W Cypress Street between N Church Street and N Marie Avenue will close daily from 9 am to 4 pm beginning on August 19, 2019.
One (1) eastbound traffic lane on W Cypress Street between N Dale Mabry Highway and N Marie Avenue will be maintained at all times during construction, with delays.
The sidewalk on the south side of W Cypress Street between N Dale Mabry Highway and N Marie Avenue will be closed. To maintain pedestrian access pedestrians will be diverted via signage into the closed eastbound lane on W Cypress Street between N Dale Mabry Highway and N Marie Avenue.
More on The Floridant
- The South Florida Garden Show with Mark Benson Debuts This Saturday at 10 am on 850 WFTL
- Tampa: Temporary Road/Lane Closures on S Ashley Drive, E Whiting Street and Riverwalk Closure to begin September 24, 2019 for Building Demolition
- Gospel Heritage South Florida Changes Name to Think! Leadership Conference
- First Friday Kicks off Fall Festival in Downtown St. Pete October 4th
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
All lanes on W Cypress Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue will be open to traffic by 4 pm on Friday, August 30, 2019, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion.
Eastbound motorists can use W Spruce Street between N Lois Avenue and N Himes Avenue, in lieu of W Cypress Street.
Eastbound trucks can use W Kennedy Boulevard between N Lois Avenue and N MacDill Avenue, in lieu of W Cypress Street.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Catherine M. Coyle, Planning, Design & Development Coordination Manager
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 4; firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on The Floridant
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Southwest Florida Created More Than 15,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Tampa Area Created More Than 21,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces the Jacksonville Area Created More Than 13,000 New Jobs Over the Year
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Miami Area Created More Than 28,000 New Jobs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Orlando Area Continues to Lead in Job Growth for 53 Consecutive Months
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Florida's Economy Continues to Grow and Diversify for the Future
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Fort Lauderdale Area Created Nearly 12,000 New Jobs Over the Year
- Tampa: Today, September 20th Mayor Jane Castor will hold a press conference
- BOMANI Cold Buzz™ Announces Partnership with Integrity Wellness Brands
- Attorney Chase Howard Joins Florida Healthcare Law Firm
- INF announces new Technology Ventures Group
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Sanibel/Captiva Top Producers for August
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Fort Myers Beach Top Producers for August
- John R. Wood Island Palm Region Announces Company Top Producers for August
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on S Lois Avenue that began July 29, 2019 for Utility Work to be Extended
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® of Ponte Vedra Teams Up with K9s For Warriors
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
- Jacksonville: Find Your New Best Friend at the ACPS Duval Ford Adoption Event
- Tampa: Lane Closure on West Azeele Street Between South West Shore Boulevard and South Hesperides Street
- Tampa: Lane Closure on South Armenia Avenue Between West Cleveland Street and West Platt Street