A portion of Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Morgan Street will close daily beginning at 9 am on Thursday, May 28, 2020 for utility construction. A utility contractor will be installing communication conduits on the north side of Channelside Drive between S Franklin Street and S Florida Avenue and on the east side of S Franklin Street between Channelside Drive and Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) in two phases.
During phase 1, the southernmost eastbound lane on Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Florida Avenue will close at 9 am on May 28, 2020. The three (3) northernmost eastbound lanes on Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Florida Avenue will be maintained during construction, with delays.
Phase 2 will follow the completion of phase 1 construction. During phase 2, the two (2) northernmost eastbound lanes on Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Florida Avenue and one northernmost eastbound lane on Channelside Drive between S Florida Avenue and S Morgan Street will close. The two (2) southernmost eastbound lanes on Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Morgan Street will be maintained during construction, with delays.
More on The Floridant
- Innovation Preparatory Academy opens for 2020-2021 school year
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- North Florida Green Chamber to Present Water Quality Award
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?
- TTS 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
The sidewalk in the construction area will be closed during construction. Pedestrian access will be maintained via signage to other sidewalks in the area at all times.
It is anticipated that all lanes on Channelside Drive between S Ashley Drive and S Morgan Street will be open to traffic by 4 pm on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, weather permitting.
The City recommends using alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Debbie Herrington, P.E., Right of Way Management
City of Tampa Planning & Development Department
(813) 274-3100, Option 5; email@example.com
Latest on The Floridant
- Independent Living Systems' ILS Meals Fulfills Client and Member Commitments in the Face of Adversity
- Turn Your Smart Phone Into Your Personal ATM
- Secret Walls Academy X Silverstreetz
- Vesta Property Services Announces Appointment of New CEO, Passing of Founder
- Vesta Property Services Announces Acquisition of CDD Management Company
- Fighting for a New Normal: August 2020 Barebrush Art of the Day Calendar
- Gift Giveaways The New Marketing Solution
- MBK Senior Living Names 7 Pursuit of Excellence Award Winners
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Len Strickler Brings Safe Money Radio To Florida
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Thomas (Tom) Strehle
- Vancouver Model Tops the List of 10 Most Handsome Men from the Middle East
- Tampa Crossroads Announces Gwendolyn Green as CEO
- RE/MAX Platinum Realty Launches RE/MAX Megaphone To Market Client Listings
- RE/MAX Platinum Realty Recognizes Top Agents for First Half of 2020
- Wellness, strategic growth highlight August webinars
- Durante Rentals Appoints Liam J. Harrington as President
- Nola Blue Records signs John Németh
- Sir Ivan's $10,000 MegaMix Competition Helps Out-of-Work DJs Around the World English English
- Florida: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Governor Ron DeSantis Delivers Address Regarding Tropical Storm Isaias and COVID-19