Today, please join Jacobs Engineering at 4:30 pm for a fun and enriching STEM lesson and activity!
Jacobs is partnering with local schools for a weekly series of live, STEM events for students. This event is tailored for students in 3rd - 8th grade, but all students are welcome! Our first speaker will be Susy Torriente, Jacobs Global Technology Leader for City Resiliency. She will be discussing the Heat Island Effect and City Resiliency.
After the lesson is complete, students are encouraged to submit their activity homework. Three submittals will earn an Amazon gift card and a Jacobs SUPER Engineer Certificate!
During this time of social distancing, our city's kids are being challenged to learn in new ways, and they're doing so with incredible adaptability," says Mayor Jane Castor. "We are proud to see organizations like Jacobs Engineering step up to engage our kids from home with fun STEM activities using technology. The future of our city is bright thanks to the next generation of leaders, thinkers, and innovators who are still learning each and every day."
More on The Floridant
- Unicorn Children's Foundation to host 7 Day Heads or Tails Challenge ft Cedric the Entertainer
- Start a Chat with Your Phone's Camera
- Medicare No Cost Advantage and Supplement Reviews – MedicareInfoUSA
- Assuage Luxury Spa Offers "Heroes in Healthcare" Special Package in July
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. Jacobs has a long-standing passion for supporting innovative STEM education programs for students of all ages, all around the world.
To join the event please visit: https://tinyurl.com/yccn9wqb
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com or reach out FloridaSTEM@Jacobs.com
- Hazel Gumbs:
Good day!!! Nice online stem class for the kids... Please send me the link.
Latest on The Floridant
- PostPact Completes Acquisition of LBMG Marketing Starting the Transition into Full Social Media Mana
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- Legacy Foundation of PB County Awards $11,860 in Scholarships to Seven Promising Young Musicians
- Healthcare Network hires Julie Pedretti as director of COVID-19 community relations
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- Central Florida Hero Kathy Hewitt Being Recognized at National Level
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Nicole Goetz to Family Law Team
- Gregory Herman-Giddens Re-Appointed to The Florida Bar Senior Lawyer Committee
- Green Point Research Partners with Palmetto Industries to Design Industry Standard for Industrial Hemp Storage Bags
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Community Cooperative adds seven locations to its July mobile food pantry schedule
- Child Care of Southwest Florida to reopen The Children's Garden of LaBelle
- Healthcare Network receives emergency grant from Direct Relief to provide mental health support
- Target Roofing opens office in Naples for commercial clients in Collier County
- Palm Beach Dentist Dr. Mitchell Josephs Honored with Alpert JFS Volunteer Award