- Realtors don't want to be invited to seminars anymore - 128
- Nonprofit Receives Overwhelming Response And Awards For Rainbowland Documentary
- Florida Author George Encizo Releases New Mystery Novel - Anguished
Highlights for Q3
During July, August and September, the Company posted a 31% quarter-over-quarter rental increase vs. Q2. Part of this was spurred by an uptick in Touchless Rentals, which grew 37% in Q3 compared to Q2, including a 104% increase from July to August.
In response to shelter-in-place orders in March, the Company renamed its already existing online rental process to "Touchless Rentals," allowing customers to complete the rental process online or with its in-house call center, then move into their storage unit with no in-person interaction with store personnel.
Rob Consalvo, COO and President of Store Space, praised the efforts of Store Space employees working through the difficulties brought on by COVID-19 lockdowns and other restrictions.
"Our team has been performing at a very high level this year despite the pandemic," Consalvo said. "I'm very proud of them, especially considering the challenges they've faced on a day-to-day basis. Our company's growth has been absolutely phenomenal given the broader economic slowdown proving once again, self storage is a recession resistant asset class."
Stephen Sandecki, CMO of Store Space, echoed those remarks, adding that the company's proprietary platform was instrumental in the team's success.
More on The Floridant
- SouthState Corporation Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Digitec Interactive partners with NYU to help schools understand autism & promote inclusion
- GrayRobinson Attorney Tom Cloud Receives Prestigious Paul S. Buchman Award from FMAA
- D.J. Arrazcaeta Named One of "America's Best"
- Make You Shine With Back To School Deals At Beauty Forever Hair Mall
"I absolutely credit our success to our amazing team. We added some industry leading technology to help more effectively capture rentals through our proprietary Storage360 platform, but no one thought this was going to be the year we set records," Sandecki said. "It's pretty exciting to think about what we can do post-COVID!"
Sandecki said the Storage360 platform was crucial for giving Store Space a technological advantage as the industry began to deal with the long-term realities brought on by COVID.
"Self-storage hasn't always been as tech-savvy as other industries, but from inception, Store Space has adopted an advanced, technology-based strategy," he said. "Whereas other companies might have faltered as they attempted to ramp up their platform, we were already operating at a high level."
During the third quarter, the Company opened locations in New Bedford, Massachusetts, Rochester, New York, and Louisville, Kentucky. The Company currently has eight properties under contract for acquisition before the year's end.
Michael Baillargeon, Senior Vice President, Operations, said the Company's growth plan is still on track, adding that additional acquisition opportunities would present themselves as independent owner-operators look to cash out in the face of market challenges presented by COVID-19.
"No entity is exempt from the oversupply that exists in some markets, but opportunities remain for those of us in the business of acquiring and refurbishing storage properties. The ongoing COVID-19 situation, combined with market saturation, will prompt some owners to shed their investments," Baillargeon said. "Given our recent success, we find ourselves in a position to choose from multiple opportunities available, from third-party management to joint ventures to conventional acquisitions. Storage360 has made it possible to rapidly, and effectively, roll out operations everywhere and anywhere."
More on The Floridant
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum Announces Three New Traveling Exhibitions
- Jenn Robinson Joins LARC Board of Directors
- Novitas Solutions awarded MAC JL contract
- League of Women Voters PBC to Host FREE Zoom Discussion on HOME RULE, August 18
- Realtors don't want to be invited to seminars anymore
'Storage That Cares'
Other highlights for the quarter included offering one-month free storage at the Beaumont, Texas, location for victims of Hurricane Laura, as well as setting up donation acceptance points at the Company's southeast Texas locations.
After purchasing a facility in Jennings, Missouri, the Company also continued community food distribution events in conjunction with Christ Love Divine Fellowship Church and the St. Louis Area Food Bank.
"We take our motto, 'Storage that Cares,' to heart," Consalvo said, adding that the Company is donating $5 from each rental in October 2020 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. "Having the opportunity to use our platform and company culture enables us to help generate awareness throughout our customer base, while also providing an opportunity for our owners and employees to raise funds to help eradicate this form of cancer once and for all."
Store Space is a self-storage operator and third-party management company. Located in Winter Garden, FL, the Company currently owns, has under purchase agreement, and/or operates 43 properties in 15 states. The Company fuels growth and value with their experience driven operations, state-of-the-art Storage360 proprietary platform and strategic digital marketing programs. You can contact us at [email protected] or visit us at https://www.storespace.com.
SOURCE Store Space
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- GLOZAL - Creator of the First NFT Music Player™ Announces 20,000 sq. ft. US Headquarters in Downtown Miami
- Guadalupe Center requests back-to-school donations for Immokalee students
- Liquid CORE® Gum Company, Inspired by Iconic Big Waves at Nazaré, Announces Plans to Develop European Factory and HQ in Portugal
- Governor DeSantis Announces $250 Million to Support Economic Recovery for Florida Ports
- GreenPointe Welcomes Patricia Nolan as New General Counsel
- Psychologist Dr. Amy Stark Releases Two Guided Meditations
- NEW Innovative Mobility Device: Zeen® Disrupts Walker/Wheelchair Industries
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Raises more than $15,000, Donates Backpacks to Local Nonprofits
- Charity for Change enhances its online platform and expands curriculum
- Feature Florida Partnerships announces screenplay finalist
- Vibe Yoga offers Parent's Night Out with Kids' Yoga
- Jacksonville: Join JaxParks for a Movie in the Park this Friday
- Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's New Doc "HUBBLE SPACE WONDERS" To Screen Coast-Coast at Woods Hole, Oregon Doc Film Fests; Wins Top REMI at Worldfest-HOU
- Funnel Leasing Completes SOC 2 Type 1 Certification
- Get Into Your Dream Home With DreamLink Mortgage Of Boca Raton, Florida
- Carrier's Board Approves $1.75 Billion Share Repurchase Authorization USA - English USA - English
- XR Industry Directory Launches with 1430 Members: Protect Humanity in Metaverse, Prevent Singularity
- Introducing Mobile First Templates by SlideUpLift
- Ironside Human Resources Celebrates 10 Years
- Heal the Earth Foundation and Miami Blues Band Have Joined Forces to Help the People of Cuba