- POSSIBLE ANNOUNCES GOOGLE AS PREMIER PRESENTING PARTNER
- Integrity Employee Leasing announces employee promotions
- Lauren Elizabeth Home | Electronics | Gifts : Expands Product Offerings
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the reopening of all sections of State Road (S.R.) A1A with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) expediting emergency repairs in the wake of Hurricane Nicole.
"FDOT has completed emergency repairs on the last three storm-damaged sections of S.R. A1A, and reopened the roadway after only three days of work," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "FDOT crews have been working to complete repairs in a couple of days that would normally take much longer."
The storm conditions significantly damaged the scenic highway by washing out nearby dunes, eating into the shoulder, and undermining the roadway in scattered portions of the road throughout these three counties. Crews began work on Thursday to restore this vital roadway using thousands of yards of fill material hauled by dozens of dump trucks to again make it passable for the traveling public. Once the damaged areas of the roadway were filled and stabilized, S.R. A1A was reopened to traffic to restore access in these communities.
More on The Floridant
- Twisted Sister Makeup Collection Launched by Rock and Roll Beauty
- Fort Myers Brewing announces Winter Wonderland Dec. 15-18
- Guadalupe Center receives grant from Collier Community Foundation
- The Garage enters strategic partnership with Morris Heights Health Center in an effort to change healthcare in underserved Bronx, NY
- FOUNDATION FOR ANGELMAN SYNDROME THERAPEUTICS (FAST) ANNOUNCES $5 MILLION GIFT TO ADVANCE CLINICAL TRIALS IN RARE NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English
"FDOT's goal was to get the roadway accessible again as quickly as possible, which was made possible under the leadership and support of Governor DeSantis. FDOT continues to work diligently to serve Florida's residents and ensure that the state's impacted infrastructure is open and available to the traveling public," said FDOT Secretary Jared W. Perdue, P.E. "The Department continues to work closely with local agency partners, law enforcement, and the community to respond, rebuild, and recover from Hurricane Nicole as safely and quickly as possible."
The three sections of along S.R. A1A that needed these repairs were from South 28th Street to South 7th Street in Flagler Beach; from Highbridge Road in Volusia County to South Central Avenue in Flagler Beach in Flagler County; from Wisteria Drive to Sunny Beach Drive in Ormond by the Sea; and in Vilano Beach and Marineland. Crews placed over 600 truckloads of sand – nearly 11,000 cubic yards – to make repairs and get the roadway open. Sand and debris were also cleaned from 14 miles of S.R. A1A in Volusia and Flagler counties.
As these final sections of S.R. A1A reopen, motorists can check www.FL511.com for the latest status on road closures. Crews will continue to work in these areas to complete additional recovery efforts including armoring the latest emergency repairs.
Latest on The Floridant
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Names Keith Carter as FOTOmentor for FOTOfusion 2023
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS at The Ben to Focus on Palm Beach Style, January 9
- Soukup Presents Strategies for Nonprofit's Year-End and New Year Fundraising
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum to Host Consul General of Greece This Saturday
- Tickets still available for United Way's Dec. 14 campaign kickoff
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Cordell Broadus Partners With Tezos Foundation to Launch the Champ Medici Arts Fund $1 Million Initiative to Support Emerging Artists
- PulteGroup opens for sales at Rolling Hills in St. Johns County
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards Over $22 Million for Water Quality Projects to Benefit Biscayne Bay
- GA Telesis Component Repair Group Announces New Main Engine Fuel Pump Capability
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
- Unicoin Launches Global Art Investment Initiative During Miami Art Week
- Titan Pressure Washing Featured In East Palm City Living Magazine for Exceeding the Expected
- Pediatrix® Medical Group Releases Inaugural Sustainability Report
- Hurricane Ian Survivors Story told in their words
- Charity for Change's gala 'Planting Seeds of Humanity' raises $365,000
- Fuel is on the Rise, Individual's and Truckers are asking how to Save on Fuel - ECOFuelMax
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Easy Way to Clean Paint Roller Covers (MOT-148)
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st