- NexGen Hotels Acquires Best Western Plus in Venice, Florida
- Dogs at the Dentist: How an unlikely partnership is helping treat dental anxiety
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
The scholarship was established in 2018 in partnership with Kids' Chance of Florida, a state chapter of Kids' Chance of America, to help cover the cost of college education for children of seriously or fatally injured workers in the company's home state of Florida. Each recipient is provided with $7,000 annually for four years.
Jared Cooper was the inaugural recipient in 2018 and utilized the funds to attend Stetson University in DeLand, Fla. This past spring, Jared graduated from Stetson with a bachelor's degree in biochemistry.
During her senior year at Vero Beach High School this past spring, Montse was identified by Kids' Chance of Florida as the next ideal candidate for the scholarship. She graduated with a 3.78 GPA and served as president of both the photography club and acceptance club which provides a safe space for LGBTQ+ students.
More on The Floridant
- Local Cremo Cigars Factory Boosts Tourism in Overtown
- Blueprint to Success: Creating a Unique and Effective Supplement Formula with Private Label Express
- CREFC Welcomes Commercial Real Estate Finance Industry to Annual Miami Conference on January 7-10, 2024
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Vero Beach Florida End Of Year Real EstateTrends
Montse accepted the scholarship and is currently using it to attend Indian River State College in Fort Pierce, Fla., with plans to graduate with an associate degree before transferring to a four-year university. She would become the first person in her family to have ever graduated from college.
In August 2022, Montse's father passed away due to injuries following a workplace accident and later that year her mother was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer. The Kids' Chance of Florida One Call scholarship is enabling her to attend college without having to worry about tuition payments.
"It's hard to overstate just how much this scholarship means to me," said Montse. "I am really dedicated to my education as I know how important it will be in helping me succeed."
One Call CEO Jay Krueger commented on how workplace injuries affect families: "While trying to overcome grief, families are also forced to deal with mounting financial pressures...This scholarship provides children of critically or fatally injured workers with a path forward." He added that One Call is proud "to play a small role in helping them attain a much brighter future."
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Attorney Tami Wolfe Certified as Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Snowbird Technologies to Exhibit at the 2024 Military Additive Manufacturing Summit
- Mashman Investments Launches New Website to Showcase Investment Focuses
- Mashman Properties Launches Its New Website
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Trimcraft Of Ft. Myers, Inc
- Isaac Mashman Reveals He's Planning A Non-Profit Initiative, Mashman Global
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Stark display honors Israeli hostages at Jewish Federation of Greater Naples
- Inventor Develops Eye-Catching Accessory for Swimming Pools (FJK-280)
- Registration now open and sponsorships available for Lee Health's 'Caring for the Cape' eve
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces the Focus on Florida's Future Budget Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2024-2025
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Amenity Construction Underway at Lakeview at Tributary
- Carbon Pollution Mandates – Revolt – Reduce Pollution Today Without Going Electric – ECOFuelMax
- Why It Is A Good Time To Make Big Pine Key Florida Your Home
- Tax Advantages Of Owning A Vero Beach Rental Home
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency
- duPont REGISTRY Group names Javier Villamizar and Sandeep Chugani to Board of Directors