Today Tampa Mayor Jane Castor announced the fourth of her five-part 'Transforming Tampa's Tomorrow' transition advisory teams by naming Bemetra Simmons, Florida Managing Director of Mutual of Omaha Bank, Rev. Dr. Tom Scott, former County Commissioner, and Tyler Hudson, attorney at Garner Brewer Martinez-Monfort co-chairs of her affordable housing advisory team.
"Home ownership is part of the American dream and access to that is one of the top priorities of my administration," said Mayor Jane Castor. "This advisory team will serve as a compass to ensure that dream becomes a reality for past and future Tampa residents."
The Affordable Housing Advisory Team will complement the three other teams that have been launched to focus on Workforce Development, Transportation and Development Services, respectively. The Advisory Teams are vital to helping guide the Mayor's strategic visioning for key City priorities and are planned to each engage for approximately 90 days.
The Affordable Housing Advisory Team will kick-off on Wednesday, August 21 at a meeting located at 101 E. Kennedy Blvd, Suite 2800.
Affordable Housing Members
Bemetra Simmons: Bemetra Simmons is currently the Florida Managing Director at Mutual of Omaha Bank. Ms. Simmons began her professional career in 1997 as an Account Manager with WorldCom and served as a Global Account Manager for AT&T Global Services and has worked in financial services for over 14 years.
Rev. Dr. Tom Scott: Former County Commissioner and City Council member. Past member of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, Hillsborough County Port Authority, The Tampa Sports Authority, Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority, Florida State Fair Authority, Metropolitan Planning Organization, Tampa Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau, Public Transportation Commission, Emergency Policy Board and many more boards and agencies.
More on The Floridant
- The South Florida Garden Show with Mark Benson Debuts This Saturday at 10 am on 850 WFTL
- Tampa: Temporary Road/Lane Closures on S Ashley Drive, E Whiting Street and Riverwalk Closure to begin September 24, 2019 for Building Demolition
- Gospel Heritage South Florida Changes Name to Think! Leadership Conference
- First Friday Kicks off Fall Festival in Downtown St. Pete October 4th
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
Tyler Hudson: Attorney at Gardner Brewer Martinez-Monfort. Former chair, All for Transportation. Board of Directors Tampa Downtown Partnership, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, and Tampa Heights Civic Association. Leader's Council, Tampa Bay Chapter Urban Land Institute.
Bret Azzerelli: Vice President, Elements Architecture Firm. The National Trust for Historic Preservation, U.S. Green Building Council (2006-Present), Leadership Tampa (1996), and University of Tampa (2002-Present).
Leroy Moore: Leroy Moore has worked in the real estate development arena since 1984 and currently holds the position of Senior Vice-President/Chief Operating Officer with the Tampa Housing Authority. He has held Director level positions in a number of housing authorities including Memphis, Peoria, Oakland, and Atlanta.
Debra Reyes: President and CEO at Neighborhood Lending Partners, Inc.
Sul Hemani: Vice President & Senior Branch Sales Leader at BankUnited. Past treasurer of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, vice president of the board of The Centre for Women, trustee on the board of the Drug Abuse Comprehensive Coordinating Office (DACCO), and chairman of the USF School of Nursing Advisory Board.
Rebecca Snyder: Senior Vice President, Strategic Property Partners. Insight Property Group (Partner), Archstone (Development Manager), McWilliams|Ballard (Sales Manager), Delta Associates (Senior Associate).
More on The Floridant
- Governor Ron DeSantis Thanks Lottery Secretary Jim Poppell for Years of Dedicated Service to Florida, Wishes Him Well in Retirement
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to Blockchain Task Force
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Joel Schleicher to the Florida Talent Development Council
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces West Palm Beach Area Adds Nearly 12,000 New Jobs Over the Year
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Pensacola Area Added 400 New Jobs Over the Year
Ernest Coney: CEO of the Corporation to Develop Communities of Tampa. Attended USF.
Harry Hedges: Managing Director, H&R Properties.
Peter Leach: Senior Vice President, Southport Financial Services, Inc.
Yvette Lewis: President, NAACP Hillsborough Branch. NAACP Political Action Chair.
Machelle Maner: Vice President, Community Development for Wells Fargo. She serves on the Board of Directors of several Nonprofit organizations including the Black Business Initiative Fund, Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation, Minority Enterprise Development Corporation, Zion International Ministry Missions and Computer Mentors.
Jim Weiss: Tampa City President for Fifth Third Bank. He serves on the Tampa Hillsborough EDC's Board of Directors, the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Tampa Downtown Partnership Board of Directors, and the National Lender's Advisory Council for the National Association of Economic Development Companies(NADCO).
Antoinette Triplet: Antoinette D. Hayes-Triplett joined the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative (THHI) as the Chief Executive Officer and chairperson of the Tampa Hillsborough Continuum of Care (CoC) in August 2014. Previously, Antoinette served as a City Planning Executive in the City of St. Louis for 13 years.
Marianne Edmunds: Senior Managing Director at Public Resources Advisory Group. Prior to founding her firm, she worked as an investment banker and financial advisor to governmental issuers in Florida, beginning in 1982, at William R. Hough & Co. and Smith Barney, Inc.
Pete Edwards: Retired drug court counselor. He served on the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council and Children's Board of Hillsborough County.
Darrell Robertson: Chief Relationships Officer for New York Life's Tampa operations.
Latest on The Floridant
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® of Ponte Vedra Teams Up with K9s For Warriors
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
- Jacksonville: Find Your New Best Friend at the ACPS Duval Ford Adoption Event
- Tampa: Lane Closure on South Armenia Avenue Between West Cleveland Street and West Platt Street
- Tampa: Lane Closure on West Azeele Street Between South West Shore Boulevard and South Hesperides Street
- National Event for Singles Launches
- B Hotels & Resorts says "I Do" to the Spontaneous and Free-Spirited Couple in Love
- CivicScience Names Jack Randall as Chief Commercial Officer
- Healthcare Industry Veteran Michael Orscheln Joins Executive Team at American Medical Depot
- The First Minimalist GMT Dual Time Travel Watches Are Launching on Kickstarter
- Rosy Palomino, activist and community leader files for City of Miami District 2 Commissioner
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on S Meridian Avenue and Channelside Drive to begin September 23, 2019 for Utility Construction
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified Dual-Light Rechargeable LED Lanterns
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial Industry Leaders in Chicago
- Fyzical offering complimentary fall-risk screenings for residents Sept. 23 to Oct. 22
- Sunshine Ace, Wynn's and Crowder Bros. partner with Meals of Hope for Hurricane Dorian relief
- Shangri-La Springs to host Muertos Monster Mash Oct. 31
- Autumn in Japan's Ashikaga & Tatebayashi Areas
- Arsenal Recon Releases Major Update to Powerful Digital Forensics Tool
- Kodi Lee, Winner of America's Got Talent Coming to Palm Beach