Today Tampa Mayor Jane Castor announced the fourth of her five-part 'Transforming Tampa's Tomorrow' transition advisory teams by naming Bemetra Simmons, Florida Managing Director of Mutual of Omaha Bank, Rev. Dr. Tom Scott, former County Commissioner, and Tyler Hudson, attorney at Garner Brewer Martinez-Monfort co-chairs of her affordable housing advisory team.
"Home ownership is part of the American dream and access to that is one of the top priorities of my administration," said Mayor Jane Castor. "This advisory team will serve as a compass to ensure that dream becomes a reality for past and future Tampa residents."
The Affordable Housing Advisory Team will complement the three other teams that have been launched to focus on Workforce Development, Transportation and Development Services, respectively. The Advisory Teams are vital to helping guide the Mayor's strategic visioning for key City priorities and are planned to each engage for approximately 90 days.
The Affordable Housing Advisory Team will kick-off on Wednesday, August 21 at a meeting located at 101 E. Kennedy Blvd, Suite 2800.
Affordable Housing Members
Bemetra Simmons: Bemetra Simmons is currently the Florida Managing Director at Mutual of Omaha Bank. Ms. Simmons began her professional career in 1997 as an Account Manager with WorldCom and served as a Global Account Manager for AT&T Global Services and has worked in financial services for over 14 years.
Rev. Dr. Tom Scott: Former County Commissioner and City Council member. Past member of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, Hillsborough County Port Authority, The Tampa Sports Authority, Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority, Florida State Fair Authority, Metropolitan Planning Organization, Tampa Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau, Public Transportation Commission, Emergency Policy Board and many more boards and agencies.
More on The Floridant
- Deepak Chopra and Ismael Cala join forces in Mexico to celebrate 25 years of "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" English España - español Brazil - Português Latin America - español USA - español
- Tampa: W Country Club Drive Closure between N Boulevard and N Florida Avenue
- Minnesota Twins Celebrity Golf Classic raises $76K for the Regional Cancer Center
- Cardinal Point Homeland Security Group - First Company Authorized in Pennsylvania to Provide School Security Personnel Training
- New Procedure Available to Treat Enlarged Prostate Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Tyler Hudson: Attorney at Gardner Brewer Martinez-Monfort. Former chair, All for Transportation. Board of Directors Tampa Downtown Partnership, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, and Tampa Heights Civic Association. Leader's Council, Tampa Bay Chapter Urban Land Institute.
Bret Azzerelli: Vice President, Elements Architecture Firm. The National Trust for Historic Preservation, U.S. Green Building Council (2006-Present), Leadership Tampa (1996), and University of Tampa (2002-Present).
Leroy Moore: Leroy Moore has worked in the real estate development arena since 1984 and currently holds the position of Senior Vice-President/Chief Operating Officer with the Tampa Housing Authority. He has held Director level positions in a number of housing authorities including Memphis, Peoria, Oakland, and Atlanta.
Debra Reyes: President and CEO at Neighborhood Lending Partners, Inc.
Sul Hemani: Vice President & Senior Branch Sales Leader at BankUnited. Past treasurer of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, vice president of the board of The Centre for Women, trustee on the board of the Drug Abuse Comprehensive Coordinating Office (DACCO), and chairman of the USF School of Nursing Advisory Board.
Rebecca Snyder: Senior Vice President, Strategic Property Partners. Insight Property Group (Partner), Archstone (Development Manager), McWilliams|Ballard (Sales Manager), Delta Associates (Senior Associate).
More on The Floridant
- Gladdy's Goodies Now on Sale at Central Bark in Tampa, FL
- Delray Beach Residents Open Addiction Treatment Center in Palm Beach County
- South Florida Home Remodeling Company Provides One-stop Service for Designing and Fitting Bathroo
- Front Porch Counseling Offering New Substance Abuse Program
- Tampa: Temporary Road Closures for the CSX Railroad Crossing Maintenance - Update
Ernest Coney: CEO of the Corporation to Develop Communities of Tampa. Attended USF.
Harry Hedges: Managing Director, H&R Properties.
Peter Leach: Senior Vice President, Southport Financial Services, Inc.
Yvette Lewis: President, NAACP Hillsborough Branch. NAACP Political Action Chair.
Machelle Maner: Vice President, Community Development for Wells Fargo. She serves on the Board of Directors of several Nonprofit organizations including the Black Business Initiative Fund, Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation, Minority Enterprise Development Corporation, Zion International Ministry Missions and Computer Mentors.
Jim Weiss: Tampa City President for Fifth Third Bank. He serves on the Tampa Hillsborough EDC's Board of Directors, the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Tampa Downtown Partnership Board of Directors, and the National Lender's Advisory Council for the National Association of Economic Development Companies(NADCO).
Antoinette Triplet: Antoinette D. Hayes-Triplett joined the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative (THHI) as the Chief Executive Officer and chairperson of the Tampa Hillsborough Continuum of Care (CoC) in August 2014. Previously, Antoinette served as a City Planning Executive in the City of St. Louis for 13 years.
Marianne Edmunds: Senior Managing Director at Public Resources Advisory Group. Prior to founding her firm, she worked as an investment banker and financial advisor to governmental issuers in Florida, beginning in 1982, at William R. Hough & Co. and Smith Barney, Inc.
Pete Edwards: Retired drug court counselor. He served on the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council and Children's Board of Hillsborough County.
Darrell Robertson: Chief Relationships Officer for New York Life's Tampa operations.
Latest on The Floridant
- Earn to Learn FL raises more than $135,000 at Mentors of IMPACT gala
- Promotional Marketing Expert Danette Gossett On How Inseparable The Inside Is From The Outside
- Tampa: Update #1: Cancellation of Scheduled Lane Closure on West Swann Avenue Between South Gomez and South Audubon Avenues
- Transit Screen Software, TransitAccess™, Goes Greener with Car Charging Stations
- Beacon Lake Honored at Laurel Awards
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on Bayshore Boulevard to begin March 2, 2020 for Utility Construction
- Turnkey business opportunity hotel in Historic District of Lanesboro
- Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Centers Founder, Mindy Felinton Talks Social Security Scam
- Guadalupe Center dedicates Infant/Toddler Wing to honor partnership with NCEF
- Dorothy Zudora takes New York Fashion Week by storm
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closures on N West Shore Boulevard to begin March 2, 2020 for Utility Construction
- City of Tampa and Hillsborough County will Update Community on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Preparations
- PawPail Recognized with Prestigious Good Design Award
- Grand Living Realty Now Representing American Village in Palm Coast
- Tampa: Lane Closure on East Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard Between North 19th and North 22nd Streets
- Developer purchases former Albertsons location on U.S. 41 in Venice
- Doral Chamber of Commerce proudly Welcomed Back Lord Breakspeare Callaghan LLC as a Platinum Member
- Plant Based Fountain of Youth - The Science of Healthy Aging presented by Dr. Frank Sabatino, Health Director of Balance for Life Retreat Florida
- Tampa: Lane Closures on West Swann Avenue Between South Gomez and South Audubon Avenues
- Tampa: Rerouting Northbound Traffic on North Armenia Avenue Between West Norfolk Street and West Cluster Avenue