- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces $25 Million for Workforce Development Initiatives
The keynote address was delivered by Lisa Ireland, president and CEO of Miami-based Longevity Science Foundation. Ireland also led a panel discussion on the topic, which included experts such as Jon Kay, director of Traditional Arts Indiana at Indiana University; Kelly O'Brien, vice president of Prevention for UsAgainstAlzheimer's; and Susan Magsamen, executive director of the International Arts and Mind Lab at Johns Hopkins University.
During her keynote address, Ireland shared the foundation's efforts to improve aging adults' quality of life by supporting new approaches to enhance cognitive and psychological well-being. The panelists discussed various issues related to longevity science, including ethical considerations, neural health, and the impact of art engagement on brain function.
More on The Floridant
- Crescent Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- B.E.S.T.'s New IAR Course Help Advisers Fulfill Mandatory 12-hour IAR CE Requirements
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
One of the main goals of the event was to shift focus from "mental health" to "cognitive wellness" and highlight the importance of quality of life for older adults. The event was co-sponsored by the Health Services Division and is now available for viewing in the Library's Event Videos collection.
Ireland has dedicated her career to nonprofit organizations such as Rochester Museum and Science Center (RMSC) in New York. She has also served as director of Donor Relations and Stewardship at Rochester Institute of Technology before joining Longevity Science Foundation.
"We at Longevity Science Foundation are proud to have co-sponsored this significant event at the Library of Congress," said Ireland. "Our goal is to make longevity accessible to everyone and raise awareness about how cognitive wellness impacts quality of life."
Ireland's passion for promoting longevity science has taken her around the world, where she has made connections to advance research and ensure its accessibility to people living normal lives. With her extensive experience in the nonprofit sector, Ireland continues to work towards her goal of improving the lives of aging adults through Longevity Science Foundation.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Calvetta Phair Celebrates HERstory for Black History Month by Living in FAITH!
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present INDIGO GIRLS on May 5 / Tix on Sale Now
- League of Women Voters PBC to Host Hot Topic Luncheon with Wendy Sartory Link, March 20
- Imperial Pressure Cleaning Solutions Tops as the Leading Pressure Washing Company in Spring Hill
- FII PRIORITY SUMMIT IN MIAMI CONCLUDES WITH URGENT CALL FOR ACTION AND PROGRESS ON AI ALIGNMENT
- Revolutionize Your Digital Presence with Marketers Directory
- Governor Ron DeSantis Receives Two Bills from the Florida Legislature
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards More Than $6 Million to Hurricane Idalia-Impacted Communities
- Rotary's 13th Annual Race of the Runways Set for Feb. 24, 2024
- "Black To The Future" Black History Month Event Promises Unforgettable Celebration
- Expat Tax Tools Introduces Hassle-Free IRS Form 8621 Preparation Service for Taxpayers
- Florida's Ban on Low-THC Hemp Products Sparks Economic Concerns: Sunmed™ | Your CBD Store® Responds
- Governor Ron DeSantis Deploys More Florida Personnel to Secure the Southern Border
- Cross Country Healthcare to Attend the Oppenheimer 34th Annual Healthcare Conference
- ICYMI: Florida Welcomes Israeli Technology Companies for Pitch Day at the Capital
- Passengers Sue Boeing and Alaska Airlines After Panel Blows Out
- Maryland Office Of The Medical Examiner Cremates Woman Without Permission Depriving Her Two Grieving Sons Of An Opportunity To Say Goodbye
- Stratum Nutrition® Expands Portfolio with Acquisition of Sage Ingredient
- Quest Diagnostics to Speak at the Barclays 26th Annual Global Healthcare Conference