- Laser Photonics CleanTech: The Perfect Tool for Landing Gear Maintenance
- Cross Regions Group announces groundbreaking of JU's newest location at The Fountains at St. Johns
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
In an effort to keep drivers safe during the summer travel season, Check To Protect – in partnership with local Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram dealers and other Check To Protect Coalition members – have designated June as Airbag Recall Repair Month in Florida. This statewide campaign is designed to encourage drivers of all vehicles to prioritize safety by taking immediate action to prevent serious injury or death.
Last November, owners of certain recalled Chrysler and Dodge vehicles received a notification to stop driving their vehicles until their driver-side airbag was replaced. Chrysler and Dodge dealerships may either arrange for mobile repair at a person's home or send a complimentary tow-truck.
Unfortunately, airbag recalls disproportionately impact vehicle owners in communities of color, rural communities and low-income communities who are less likely to have access to repair recalls or even receive notifications about them. That's why Check To Protect is reminding Florida drivers that it is fast, free and easy to check for airbag recalls and get them repaired. Drivers can visit CheckToProtect.org and enter their license plate number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) which can be found on the driver's side dashboard or most vehicle registration and insurance documents. From there they can schedule a free recall repair appointment at a local dealership which typically takes no more than 30 minutes. Additionally, many dealers provide complimentary transportation while vehicles are being repaired or have mobile repair service that bring the airbag repair service to a driver's home. Floridians whose Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram vehicle has an unrepaired airbag recall are eligible for a $50 prepaid Mastercard if they get their airbag repaired by July 15th as well.
More on The Floridant
- Call It Closed International Realty launches commercial division
- Liberty HealthShare to Host Webinar on Healthcare for Young Adults
- Jill Zarin, Star of The Real Housewives of NY, Launches Jill Zarin Beauty – A Luxurious Skincare Line Featuring Essential Products for Radiant Skin
- Octo-AI to validate proof-of-concept
- Azure Training Systems JV, LLC Awarded Position on Air Force Training Systems Acquisition IV Contract
Check To Protect is getting the word out through mailers, advertising campaigns, vehicle canvassing and other outreach methods in order to notify drivers of open airbag recalls (or encouraging them to check at www.CheckToProtect.org) and urging them to protect themselves by getting these dangerous airbags replaced immediately. The program welcomes any automaker or consumer and vehicle safety organization that wishes to join the effort in raising awareness for vehicle safety recalls as well.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- ZIRO Announces New Version of ZPC
- Independent Film Inspired by 2020 Social Justice Movement Launches on Amazon Prime
- Get Crackin' During the Return of Crabfest® at Red Lobster®
- Mighty Mussels to flex Super Hero skills at 'Marvel's Defenders of the Diamond Night' on June 9
- Imperato 2024 Deserves Equal Time And Americans Deserve to Know Him Well
- KindLee plans 'Sip #KindLee' event Thursday, June 15
- Engel & Völkers Represents Purchase of Historic B&B in Daytona Beach
- Attorney Rehabilitation Group (ARG) Leverages Artificial Intelligence for ORM services
- Fort Myers Brewing earns international honors at 2023 World Beer Cup
- Better Together receives $15,000 grant from CareSource
- Downtown Sarasota properties sell for $32 million
- PALUDO TO RUN LE MANS SUPPORT RACE IN 70TH ANNIVERSARY BRANDT PORSCHE USA - English USA - English
- Cyxtera Takes Next Step to Implement Restructuring Support Agreement
- Recess Games June 2023 Event Calendar
- Top Radio Show, John R. Miles' Passion Struck, Now Available Globally via AMFM247 Syndicated Radio Network
- Introducing Coded Gifts: Unlocking the Mysteries of Fashion
- Mounts Botanical Garden to Host GARDEN EXPLORERS SUMMER CAMP for Ages 7-11 in July
- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Zamip Patel, M.D. honored with "Champion of Impact" Award
- Stevens Construction completes Fetch Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Center