2019 American Architecture Awards – Best Projects Award Winner
The American Architecture Awards, considered the nation's highest public awards for new architecture and urban planning, has selected Julian B Lane Riverfront Park and the Tampa River Center to receive the prestigious award for design excellence. The park, co-designed by Civitas and W Architecture and Landscape Architecture, was completed in 2018 as the first project in the City of Tampa's plan to rejuvenate the West Tampa riverfront neighborhoods.
"It's no surprise to me that Julian B. Lane Riverfront park has won this prestigious award," said Mayor Jane Castor. "This park will soon serve as the anchor and front lawn of the West River Redevelopment, a project that will transform West Tampa. As someone whose family has owned a business in West Tampa, it is truly remarkable to watch this gem of a neighborhood evolve into what will be one of Tampa's most sought after communities to live, work and play."
The American Architecture Awards are the nation's highest public awards given by a non-commercial, non-trade affiliated, public arts, culture, and educational institution. This year's American Architecture Awards went to exceptional buildings designed for every stage of our lives: skyscrapers, corporate headquarters, governmental buildings, science and technology centers, transportation centers, airports, hotels, parks, pavilions, restorations and renovations, retail facilities, housing projects, private homes, schools, universities, art, cultural and health buildings, urban planning and landscape architecture, interiors, and other humanitarian and educational initiatives. The American Architecture Awards, are organized jointly by The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
More on The Floridant
- Fort Myers attorney J. Jeffrey Rice retires as NFL referee
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Civics and Debate Initiative with The Marcus Foundation
- Help Stop the Spread of Hepatitus A in Jacksonville
- TeleSpecialists, LLC Awarded Telemedicine Accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Florida: Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez and State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees Address Human Trafficking Prevention Ahead of Super Bowl LIV
The redevelopment of Julian B Lane Riverfront Park helped transform the park into a place that could be a catalyst for change while keeping an eye on the history of the park. A design focused on family and neighborhoods, and known as a park for everyone, Julian B Lane Riverfront Park personifies the best parts of Tampa. A melting pot of cultures and traditions, where industry meets natural beauty and created a sun filled paradise on the west coast of Florida.
Find photos of Riverfront park here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sx9kaszn3u0pqpz/AADCyJnRRic0kRpyB9Hk2tU4a?dl=0
Latest on The Floridant
- Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport Salutes Military Troops and Affiliates This February
- Jacksonville to Host East Coast Greenway's Southeast Summit
- Friends of Miami Animals (FoMA) Announces Successful First 'Be A Friend' Fundraiser
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Tampa: Effective immediately - Inside Southbound Lane Closure on N Himes Avenue between West Spruce Street and West Union Street for Emergency Utility Maintenance Work
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce proudly Welcomed Back Magda Vargas Enterprises as a Gold Member
- MICROJIG's MATCHFIT Dovetail Clamps win GOOD DESIGN® Award
- Jacksonville: Mayor Curry Appoints Steve Riska Division Chief of Fire Operations for JFRD
- Bloomin' Brands, Inc. to Host Fiscal 2019 Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call at 8:30 AM EST on February 18, 2020
- Doral Chamber of Commerce proudly Welcome Specialty Public Adjusters, Inc. as a New Trustee Member
- The Abstract Expressionist Art Of South Florida Artist Brandon Aday
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Tampa: Lane Closures on North Himes Avenue Between West Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and West Osbourne Avenue
- Traffic Advisory for Downtown Tampa – Tuesday and Wednesday, January 28 & 29, 2020
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
- Tampa: Lane Closure on West Spruce Street Between North Dale Mabry Highway and Marie Avenue
- PhaseZero CxCommerce™ Platform Named Top 10 Technology Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook Magazine
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- AlphaCredit© enters into an agreement to raise up to USD$125 million from an investor group led by SoftBank's Latin America Fund English English English