DATE: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020
WHAT: Florida Coastal Cleanup is a part of the annual ICC, the world's largest volunteer effort to help protect our ocean, lakes and rivers. Each year, hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the world spend a few hours removing trash and debris from beaches, lakes, and rivers, keeping track of every piece of trash they find. Ocean Conservancy uses that information to produce an annual snapshot of the marine debris problem. Locally, in 2019, 8,830 pounds, or 4.41 tons of debris was collected by 1,075 volunteers who donated 2,213 hours of their time. The value of that volunteer time amounted to $56,277, based on hourly volunteer estimates by Keep America Beautiful.
More on The Floridant
- Zwolinski, Jenkins Launch Skillsgapp To Reach GenZ With Skills-Based Gaming App Training
- KRAVIS CENTER Announces 2020/2021 Season Cancellations
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Announces Winners of Members' Show, Running Through Nov. 28
- Kaylin Hamilton Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
WHERE: Various locations across the First Coast.
Keep Jacksonville Beautiful will help Jacksonville volunteers clean and protect the environment by eliminating debris that injures wildlife, contaminates beaches, waterways, and threatens boater safety.
- Local volunteers are needed to join this effort and can be part of a scientific study of litter/debris by recording results on data cards that will be provided. Advance registration is not required. Site captains will register volunteers and provide bags and gloves at the sites listed below. This event provides an opportunity for students to satisfy community service requirements. Service hour certificates will be available from site captains.
Site captains will register volunteers and provide bags and gloves at the cleanup locations.
Pre-registration is not required.
Participants must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult.
Service hour certificates will be provided for students.
This regional effort is part of the Annual International Coastal Cleanup coordinated by the Ocean Conservancy and supported locally by Keep Jacksonville Beautiful.
More on The Floridant
- Justin Hamilton Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
- New from All Due Respect: BLOOD BY CHOICE by Rob Pierce
- New Goodwill 99 Store Opens and Goodwill Community Resource Center Expands
- Stefanie Edwards of Community Cooperative earns Certified Fund Raising Executive credential
Site locations and times are as follows:
8 - 10 a.m.
- Jacksonville Beach Pier - 503 First N. St. Atlantic Blvd. - At the ocean Seagate Avenue & 20th Avenue N. - At the ocean Beach Blvd. - At the ocean
9 - 11 a.m.
All other locations:
- Blue Cypress Park - 4012 University Boulevard N. Boone Park - 3700 Park St. Burnett Park - 3740 Burnett Park Road Castaway Island Preserve - 2921 San Pablo Road S. Hollybrook Park - 319 Cherokee St. Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp - 4131 Ferber Road (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.) Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Drive, Atlantic Beach Murray Hill - 1120 Edgewood Ave. (Meet at Community Loaves Bakery) Oceanway Community Center - 12215 Sago Ave. (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.) Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way T.K. Stokes Boat Ramp - 2120 Riverview St. Walter Jones Historic Park - 11964 Mandarin Road
Latest on The Floridant
- Eric Rudnick MD FAAD Returns to Boca Raton Hometown to Open Dazzling Dermatology
- Freight Right partners with Chain.io to bring real time shipment visibility to FreightOs customers
- While DC Reprints Mike Baron's 'The Flash,' He's Bringing Back 'Funny-Books'
- New Research Shows CarePredict Improved Health Outcomes and Staff Engagement in Senior Living Facilities
- Helena auditioned for Atlantic Records left everyone mesmerized, she is the real deal a rare combination of beauty and talent -Leon Youngblood SR
- Meet On The Rise Rapper Redboi Flipem
- American Cannabis Company-Helping you create a profitable business
- Sohum Living Soils- The best soil for your growing needs
- COVID Survivor and Emmy Nominee Launches Mask & T-shirt Line for Mental Health
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Kenyetta Mullins Moye to the Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Rare Video as Couple Flees Oregon Fires
- Tracy Jones Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- OurSeniors.net welcomes Canada Cloud as recommended low-cost prescription drug service for seniors
- Peerless Beverage Selects Enzo Unified to Automate Client Email Notifications in Real-Time Using SQL
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Adds New Sections and Promotes Three to VP
- Veteran-Owned Publishing Firm Begins PREORDER Sales of NEW Groundbreaking Marketing Guidebook for Transitioning Military Members, Spouses & Veterans
- Elmquist Eye Group welcomes Dr. Yasaira Rodriguez, introduces new cosmetic procedures
- Design Competition Seeks Creative Interventions to Bring Visitors Back to Main Streets This Winter
- Marc Flanagan to work with IOTech Systems to help develop Partner Ecosystem and go-to-market strategy
- Calusa Waterkeeper hosts "Saving Estero Bay" online benefit