WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020
WHERE: Various locations across the First Coast (see list below).
WHAT: Florida Coastal Cleanup is a part of the annual International Coastal Cleanup, the world's largest volunteer effort to help protect our ocean, lakes and rivers. Each year, hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the world spend a few hours removing trash and debris from beaches, lakes, and rivers, keeping track of every piece of trash they find. Ocean Conservancy uses that information to produce an annual snapshot of the marine debris problem.
More on The Floridant
- Florida Community Loan Fund Awarded $825,000 for Low-Income Communities
- Palm Beach Dentist Releases New Book "More Tooth Talk!"
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds Trump Administration Actions to Lower the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Pre-registration is not required. Site captains will register volunteers and provide bags and gloves at the cleanup locations. Participants must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult. Service hour certificates will be provided for students.
8 - 10 a.m.
- Jacksonville Beach Pier - 503 1st North St. Atlantic Blvd. - At the ocean Seagate Avenue & 20th Avenue N. - At the ocean Beach Blvd. - At the ocean
9 - 11 a.m.
All other locations:
- Blue Cypress Park - 4012 University Boulevard N. Boone Park - 3700 Park St. Burnett Park - 3740 Burnett Park Road Castaway Island Preserve - 2921 San Pablo Road S. Hollybrook Park - 319 Cherokee St. Joe Carlucci Sisters Creek Park & Boat Ramp - 8414 Heritage River Road Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp - 4131 Ferber Road (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.) Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Drive, Atlantic Beach Mandarin Park - 14780 Mandarin Rd. Murray Hill - 1120 Edgewood Ave. (Meet at Community Loaves Bakery) Oceanway Community Center - 12215 Sago Ave. (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.) Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way T.K. Stokes Boat Ramp - 2120 Riverview St. Walter Jones Historic Park - 11964 Mandarin Road
More on The Floridant
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- Never wear a bra again! English English
- HiBid.com Reports Record Number of Lots and Over $26.6M in Weeklong Sales; Antiques, Vintage Tractors, Equipment and More Up for Sale Now
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020
- New live video network for students enhances college social life and campus entertainment
- Wear sturdy, closed toe footwear. Wear sun protection and bring water. Be alert for slippery wet surfaces. Do not climb on rocks or get into water. Avoid overexertion and drink plenty of fluids. Wear safety vests or bright colors along roadsides. Do not handle or remove hazardous items or substances. Wear gloves. Call 911 for emergencies.
Latest on The Floridant
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- Cleft Patient Combats Bullying in Schools With New E-book
- Survey Highlights Challenges for Post-9/11 Wounded Veterans During Pandemic
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- Experience The Canine Creations of "Dog Artist" Skip Hartzell
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Hard Rock Cafe® And PacSun Partner To Launch Limited-Edition Merchandise Collection
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber to discuss proposed amendments during Sept. 30 Ballot Review
- Flagler Beach, Bunnell and Flagler County Rotary Clubs Recognize World Polio Day with Proclamations
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Reduce REGEN's Clean DPF's in house for 75% less – ECOFuelMax
- Museum of Graffiti Launches Exclusive OSGEMEOS Capsule Collection
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- President and CEO of Office Pride Commercial Cleaning Services releases book offering an appealing substitute for the corporate grind