Jacksonville: Safely Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste at Collection Event
The Floridant/10208077

The City of Jacksonville's Solid Waste Division will host a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (e-waste) Mobile Collection event on Saturday, Nov. 19. The event will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ed Austin Regional Park (3450 Monument Rd.)

Residents can take items, like chemicals and small appliances, to be properly disposed. For a list of future dates and sites, visit https://www.coj.net/departments/public-works/solid-waste/remote-collection-events.aspx.

Items that will be accepted include:

Household Hazardous Waste
  • Pesticides, pool chemicals, or any other type of chemicals or acids
  • Car parts, antifreeze, motor oil* or used oil filters
  • Gas, propane, kerosene, or diesel fuel/tanks
  • Fireworks, flares, fire extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition
  • Drain cleaners, paint*, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
  • Thermometers or thermostats
  • Car batteries or rechargeable batteries
  • Photographic chemicals
  • Fertilizer
  • Aerosol cans
  • Fluorescent or Compact Fluorescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulb

  • Televisions
  • Computer monitors
  • Computer terminal
  • CPUs
  • Keyboards
  • Printers
  • Scanners
  • Stereo equipment
  • Radios
  • VCRs
  • DVDs
  • Camcorders
  • Desk and mobile phones
  • Pagers
  • Power tools
  • Small kitchen appliances
  • Health and beauty appliances

As a reminder, residents can dispose of household hazardous waste and e-waste year-round at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility (2675 Commonwealth Ave. – 32254), Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

More on The Floridant
Additional general information about HHW and e-waste collection is available on the Solid Waste Division's website at https://www.coj.net/departments/public-works/solid-waste/disposal-operations/household-hazardous-wastes-(hhw).

*Disposal of paint and motor oil: Limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30-day period per Duval County resident.

Filed Under: Government, City

Show All News | Report Violation


Latest on The Floridant