- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Seven to the CareerSource Florida Board of Directors
- Fathym announces the addition of Sergio Sotolongo to its board of directors
- The Florida Bar Honors Michael Corso as Board Certified Lawyer of the Year
The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory that will be in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today.
Keep yourself and your family safe during extended periods of heat. This is especially important for children and seniors who are more at risk for heat-related illnesses. Do not leave children or animals in vehicles unattended. Whenever possible, stay inside air-conditioned spaces; drink plenty of water and fluids; avoid caffeine, alcohol and large amounts of sugar; wear light clothing and limit outdoor activities during the hottest part of the day.
The most vulnerable individuals are those who work or exercise outdoors, adults over 65, infants and children under 4, the homeless or poor, and people with chronic medical conditions. Take the necessary precautions to prevent serious health effects such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
More on The Floridant
- Pace Lee launches #MakeSpaceForPace dress collection to support Love That Dress! fundraiser
- RE/MAX Alliance Group Associates in the Florida Tampa Bay Area Named Among "America's Best"
- Financial Advisor & Wealth Coach, Arlene Alvarez Signs Publishing Deal w/ CelebrityPress
- 65% of Today's Workforce Is Actively Looking for Another Job; Culture Over Everything Is the Solution
- Jacksonville: Stay Cool and Celebrate Independence Day at a City Pool or Splash Pad
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings.
- Do not rely on a fan as your primary cooling device.
- Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when it is the hottest part of the day and avoid direct sunlight.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Take cool showers or baths to lower your body temperature.
- Check on at-risk friends, family, and neighbors at least twice a day.
- Check your local news for extreme heat warnings and safety tips.
- Keep your friends, family, and neighbors aware of weather and heat safety information.
- City of Jacksonville www.coj.net
- Duval County Emergency Management www.jaxready.com
- National Weather Service – Jacksonville www.weather.gov/jax
- Florida Division of Emergency Management www.floridadisaster.org
Latest on The Floridant
- NYPPEX CEO Laurence Allen Expects Investors to Lock-In Record Unrealized Value in Private Equity Funds in 2nd Half 2022
- First-of-its-kind wind project delivered by World Kinect Energy Services helps Finland achieve key sustainability milestone
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- BankUnited, Inc. to Announce Second Quarter Results
- Elite Jets extends lease with Naples Airport through 2050
- Matthew Brickman Explains How a Business Is Split During Divorce in 2022
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Students' Elevating their Excellence in Civics
- CB STRAT Takes Center Stage on "World's Greatest!...", Airs on Bloomberg TV July 9th and 23rd
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
- Disney Good Neighbor Hotel Lulu is Open for the Summer
- How2Media Announces Award-Winning Grocer Hy-Vee was Featured on "World's Greatest!..."
- Neurotech Startup Canaery Secures Over $4 Million in Seed Funding to Digitize the Sense of Smell
- EPA's Renewable Fuel Standard Pathways Expand to Include Greasezilla® Advanced Biofuel as RIN-Qualified Feedstock
- Specialty Golf Cart Ceramic Coatings by Wash Ninja® Now Available
- Checkers® & Rally's® (Literally) Rallies America to Move National French Fry Day to, Well, a 'Friday'
- Aspiring To Excellence Continues at Globe Star with CARF Accreditation
- JKS Financial Sponsors Program To Teach High School Students Investment Skills
- JK2 Founder Paul Holmes announces retirement
- Don Barnhart's "Unapologetically Funny" Comedy Tour Keeps Las Vegas Laughing With 50% Discount
- Craig W Brearley Architecture Transitions to New Ownership While Maintaining a Tradition of Architec