- Ways to "Defy Nature" to be Presented at Free Seminar
- St. Augustine historical landmark, The Pink Castle, highlights charitable event on May 1
- Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples Real Estate Broker CEO Is Concerned About The 17 Million Americans Behind on Their Mortgage Payments
"The impact of the pandemic presented unique challenges for our homeless providers, challenges that required significant changes to the way they operate," said Mayor Lenny Curry. "The Downtown Homelessness Taskforce quickly established the COVID-19 Shelter Taskforce to minimize the impact on people experiencing homelessness by leveraging existing services and developing new programs like the Pathway to Home. I am proud of and grateful for the taskforce members' dedication to meeting the needs of one of the city's most vulnerable populations."
More on The Floridant
- Avalife Improves Mental Focus, Clarity, and Alertness with Mind Focus
- BIWIN to Offer Predator-Branded Memory and Personal Storage Products
- Former City Council Candidate Launches Fourth Installment of Job Fair
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- FDR Training Agenda and Compelling Opening Keynote Speaker Announced for 2021 Event in Orlando, Fla
Starting Friday, Feb. 5, multi-agency staff will visit unsheltered communities to identify needs; provide storage, luggage and transportation assistance; and register individuals for a room at one of the partnering hotels throughout the city. Hotel placements will begin Monday, Feb. 8. In addition to offering housing services, groceries and prepared meals will be delivered to participants once a week.
Those who need immediate support may speak to an outreach worker or visit the Urban Rest Stop, located at the Sulzbacher Center (611 E. Adams St. – 32202). The Urban Rest Stop is open Monday – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Residents who want to contribute should donate miscellaneous items to Trinity Rescue Mission, where employees will coordinate donation distribution with community partners. Additionally, move-in kits are available to purchase at the Changing Homelessness website, ChangingHomelessness.org.
Mayor's Downtown Homelessness Taskforce: In 2017, Mayor Curry launched the Downtown Homelessness Taskforce to align the collective efforts of the public, private and philanthropic sectors focused on ending homelessness in our community. The Taskforce has teamed with local and regional partners for a more collaborative effort to find more permanent housing solutions and increase services for people experiencing homelessness.
Latest on The Floridant
- Florida: WHAT THEY ARE SAYING: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Hallmark Anti-Rioting Legislation Taking Unapologetic Stand for Public Safety
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC, Earns Lifetime Achievement Award
- Carrier Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Appgate Included in New Tech Report for Zero Trust Network Access by Independent Research Firm
- ResortNet Completes Installation Of Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) to Rural Colorado Residential Community
- Womxn of Color Summit's The Art of Authentic Living Brought Over 350 Women of Color and Non-Binary People of Color Together to Heal in Community
- A Timeless $14 Million, Mediterranean Villa is one of the Highest-Priced Listings In Tampa
- National Association of Tax Professionals announces sessions in virtual education event
- Heron Welcomes First Residents in Water Street Tampa
- MONAT Launches Sustainability Program "Building a Beautiful World" With TerraCycle® Recycling Partnership and New Products
- Jacksonville: Friends of James Weldon Johnson Park Announces 2021 UNF Sculpture Project
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Announces Next Public Exhibition, THE NEW NORMAL: COVID TIMES, May 21-July 31
- WHO-Compliant, FDA-approve Quantum-ION® Long-lasting, Contactless, Antimicrobial Protection
- League of Women Voters PBC Invites Public to Two FREE and Informative Zoom Events in May
- Sandline Welcomes Trusted Forensic Expert & Advisor Robert B. Fried
- MICROJIG collaborates with Powermatic on co-branded drill press upgrade
- Andrews Federal Credit Union Wins 2021 Diamond Awards in Two Categories
- Children's author releases first book in the Nick series
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces Expansion into Pennsylvania