- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd - 110
- Helios Technologies Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Assets of Joyonway to Further Expand Electronic Controls Platform
- FitterPaws Comfort Dog Chews And Treats
Your favorite James Weldon Johnson Park summer festival is back! Join us for Bluegrass, Beer and Barbecue on June 19, 2021.
Pig out on delicious food from baby-back ribs to corn on the cob served by Jacksonville's best barbecue trucks. knock back a few cold ones from Champion Brands Inc. Featured breweries will include Intuition, Veteran's United, Sierra Nevada and White Claw.
Live music will feature local favorites Cain't Never Could, Ft Pierce's Pubgrass band Uproot Hootenanny and Jacksonville's own The Firewater Tent Revival.
The concert presented by Friends of James Weldon Johnson and Yaya Productions is free to attend. Masks are required.
For more information visit our NEW website at JamesWeldonJohnsonPark.org, follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, or call Savannah Hebert at (904) 515 – 5098 ext. 3.
About Friends of James Weldon Johnson Park: Friends of James Weldon Johnson Park (FOFJWJP), originally Friends of Hemming Park, is a non-profit organization created in 2014 with funding from the City of Jacksonville to revitalize the city's first and most historic public park. Its mission is to transform James Weldon Johnson Park into a modern, urban space that engages diverse communities and restore vitality to our city's public square. This is accomplished by adding and maintaining landscaping and amenities and providing daily programming. In its six and a half years of managing the park, FOJWJP has created a hospitable atmosphere with updated landscaping that is maintained daily, a kid zone, a sculpture garden, a food truck court, and live music performances during lunch hours, while still being compassionate towards our homeless population. Several weekends throughout the year, we offer family-friendly festivals that highlight people of all cultures, embrace history, and use the performing and visual arts as a tool to engage and educate our visitors. Friends of James Weldon Johnson Park is proud to Bluegrass, Beer & BBQ and other events in James Weldon Johnson Park located at 135 W. Monroe Street in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville. All activities listed below are free and open to the public. For more information visit us at www.JamesWeldonJohnsonPark.org
More on The Floridant
- Wash Ninja® Voted 2021 Top 5 Bold City Best Car Wash / Detail Services
- New Book "finding Your Company's Spiritual Purpose" Hopes To Encourage Greater Level Of Community Involvement
- Unice Hair Brand Day × Graduation 2021 SUPER Sale!
- Tommy Bohanon Foundation exceeds fundraising goal to support at-risk youth
- New Report Ends Corporate Media's Favorite False Narrative About Florida's Successful COVID-19 Response
About The Firewater Tent Revival: The Firewater Tent Revival is from Atlantic Beach, Florida. Born and raised in North Florida the guys will make you want to dance with their funky mix of Folk and Roots music!!! Founded in 2010 by the remnants of an Atlantic beach punk rock band gone rogue. Once called The Hopeless, Dave Smith (rhythm /lead vox), and Jon Deering (Bass) originally formed the band simply so they could keep playing music together. Soon adding members Nigel Ledford (Banjo), Paul Morrisseau (Volin), Jeff Hoff (Sax/Harmonica), Kris Whatley (washboard, yep that's really an instrument…) and several rotating featured artists who would join in at will through the bands open door policy, the one thing show goers could expect, is that they would never know what to expect, but it would always be a good time. Powerful performances of Americana stylized covers, touching on a variety of genres, mixed with several relatable originals mostly written and arranged by the bands lead Dave, would have venue patrons dancing all night, and wanting to know where they could get their next taste of Fire Water. Quickly finding themselves in high demand the schedule filled out fast, becoming regular features at live venues throughout the city such as The Fly'sTie Irish pub and Jacksonville's hardest working, family owned, Bold City Brewery. Now, several years and many new members later, the core has changed and become much more permanent. The additions of Paul Morrisseau (fiddle), and Jeff Hoff (saxophone/harmonica) in 2013 followed by the only member with true bluegrass roots, Nigel Ledford (banjo) in 2014 has rounded out what is known today as The Fire Water Tent Revival and the future is looking bright. The group recorded their first EP Sinkin Boat in February 2015. Two months later in April they played their way into the hearts of the Jacksonville public, winning third place in the popular crowd funding festival One Spark as voted for by the people. "When it isn't fun to do any more it's over" is the perspective the band maintains, and for six years running that's exactly what it's been. The set list features songs from well-known artists like "The Devil Makes Three", "Hank The Third", and "The Grateful Dead" mixed with 10 to 12 originals. The typical fan finds themselves staying for an extra hour and ordering another round because "These guys said they're playing til close!" Folkrock? Punkgrass? Who can say, but if you're looking for a whiskey snortin, happy go lucky, good time band then The Fire Water Tent Revival will deliver.
More on The Floridant
- Following CDC Guidance, Face Coverings Made Optional for Fully Vaccinated Individuals Inside Publix Stores
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Matthew Bruno as Chair and Chereen Coile to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe Board of Directors
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Florida Communities Trust Governing Board
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Two to the Suwannee River Water Management District Governing Board
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Northwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board
About Uproot Hootenanny: A pickers paradise, this four-piece band features some of South Florida's top string instrument players. From bluegrass classics to Irish-folksy vibes. Uproot Hootenanny has that certain string band charm that has all ages leaving the show with a smile. Along with their own originals, they do some pretty awesome covers that range from the Rolling Stones to Johnny Cash. With David Welch on banjo, Brian Bolen on guitar, Brian Trew on fiddle, and Nico Kiriazis on upright bass, Uproot Hootenanny is just a downright good time.
About Cain't Never Could: Cain't Never Could is a Jacksonville, Florida based string band playing a mix of Country/Folk originals and Old-Time tunes with a southern swank. This small group of friends brings a heartfelt sound based on truth, grit and southern values, built upon each of their unique influences. Booming upright bass, blazin' banjo, haunting fiddle and the warmth of the acoustic guitar lay the foundation for soulful vocals and timeless tunes.
Latest on The Floridant
- New Technology of TRT At Freeze Play Chiropractic & Cyro Servicing Estero & Ft Meyers Florida
- New from Down & Out Books: WANNABE by M. Wallace Herron
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction Between Harryco LLC and Silverbridge Capital
- SW Regional Manufacturers Association announces summer event series
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- Attorney Bruce L. Scheiner celebrates 50 years of practicing law and service in Southwest Florida
- CareTime Launches Integrated Payments Solution
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Hudson Grove, a New-Home Community in North Jacksonville, Priced from the $270,000s
- Activist/Ganjapreneur Ed "NJWeedman" Forchion Promotes "Puff & Paint" Cannabis Creativity
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Hispanic Women Leaders and We The Women Movement join forces to bring back EMPRESARIAS 2021
- Lake Nona Social relaunches women's events with Sip & Flamingle
- Professional Women of Flagler County to Host Event May 19 at Moonrise Brewing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Robbins LLP Announces That PureCycle Technologies, Inc. (PCT) is Being Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- Legacy Trust Counsel Announces Family Emergency & Wealth Legal Planning Free Workshop
- Florida: Governor DeSantis Signs Bill Allowing To-Go Sales of Alcoholic Beverages by Restaurants
- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd
- Travel + Leisure Co. Declares Cash Dividend
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Announces Upcoming Virtual Conference Participation
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Regatta Real Estate Management Inc & Fyve