- NexGen Hotels Acquires Best Western Plus in Venice, Florida
- Dogs at the Dentist: How an unlikely partnership is helping treat dental anxiety
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
First Lady Casey DeSantis commented on the event saying, "Through the Hope Florida initiative, today we awarded $30,000 to Jacksonville non-profits and faith leaders who are helping to make a difference in their communities. The Hope Florida Fund is comprised solely of private sector donations – they support non-profits who are helping people in their communities. We appreciate what these organizations are doing to make a difference."
Secretary Harris expressed her gratitude for the organizations that have been providing comfort during this difficult time for the community and state as a whole. She said, "It was an incredible honor to present financial awards to these organizations which served as beacons of comfort during a time of immense grief for this community and our state as a whole. Today's announcement accentuates the role of the Hope Florida Fund in strengthening our local partners' ability to offer a personal approach to Floridians' most pressing needs. I am grateful for all they have done and will continue to do as this community heals, and I commend First Lady Casey DeSantis for helping to ensure they have the necessary resources."
More on The Floridant
- Local Cremo Cigars Factory Boosts Tourism in Overtown
- Blueprint to Success: Creating a Unique and Effective Supplement Formula with Private Label Express
- CREFC Welcomes Commercial Real Estate Finance Industry to Annual Miami Conference on January 7-10, 2024
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Vero Beach Florida End Of Year Real EstateTrends
Erik Dellenback also spoke about how he appreciates how the Hope Florida Initiative recognizes that churches, faith institutions, and non-profits are best equipped to serve their communities in times of need such as after the recent tragedy in Jacksonville. He said "Today, through the Hope Florida Fund, we were honored to recognize a few of those great faith and community organizations in Northeast Florida that stand on the front line serving Florida families each and every day."
Representative Kiyan Michael expressed his gratitude towards Governor DeSantis' support following this tragedy saying "The Jacksonville community is so grateful for the support we have received from Governor and First Lady DeSantis following the horrific shooting that took place near Edward Waters College just a few weeks ago. This funding will help our faith institutions as they continue to help students at the college and the families of the victims who are grieving and in need of our support. Thank you First Lady for caring for Jacksonville."
More on The Floridant
- Jan Fritz For All Your Cudjoe Key Florida Real Estate Needs
- Government-funded IBAS Program Enters Next Phase of Silicon Interposer Development at NeoCity in Florida
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present ILANA GLAZER LIVE on March 7
- Florida: MEMORANDUM
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
In response to this tragedy Governor DeSantis had initially announced an award of $1 million through Volunteer Florida Foundation towards campus security at Edward Waters University along with an award of $100,000 towards helping impacted families.
The Hope Florida Fund created by First Lady Casey DeSantis recognizes local organizations across the state that are instilling hope by meeting needs within their communities with help from private sector donations. Floridians who require assistance can connect with Hope Florida by visiting Hopeflorida.com or calling 850-300-HOPE (4673).
Today's event was yet another example of how Governor DeSantis is committed towards providing aid during difficult times while recognizing those who have been working hard towards making a difference within their communities
Latest on The Floridant
- Carbon Pollution Mandates – Revolt – Reduce Pollution Today Without Going Electric – ECOFuelMax
- Why It Is A Good Time To Make Big Pine Key Florida Your Home
- Tax Advantages Of Owning A Vero Beach Rental Home
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency
- duPont REGISTRY Group names Javier Villamizar and Sandeep Chugani to Board of Directors
- Sidus Space Awarded Additional Bechtel Cable Assembly Contract for Mobile Launcher 2
- LRP's National Institute Reveals Eight Captivating Conference Symposiums
- Founder Brings Inaugural Event To Braselton Georgia At Legendary Resort and Winery
- HBCUs Among Groups Heading to The Bahamas for Track & Field Competition in March 2024
- Noble World Foundation Proposes UN Security Council Reform to Foster Global Peace
- Doral Art & Cultural Center To Be Transformed Into A Modern Garden For Doral Art & Flowers Festival
- BNP Paribas Europe's Leading Bank To Officially Open New Miami Office
- OATS from AARP Opens Senior Planet Miami: The First Technology-Themed Community Center for Older Adults in Miami
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast
- Gift the Power of Transformation: Mind Mastered Subscription, the Ultimate Holiday Present
- Grace Callahan Renews Pro Staff Contract with Dawn Grant Mental Training & Hypnosis Meditation
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- Avi C. Shoham Joins Kalis, Kleiman & Wolfe as an Associate
- The NEW FX10- cutting-edge industrial composite 3D printer
- Jazwares Acquires Australian Toy Distributor Big Balloon