- eMoney Advisor Veterans Start Firm to Help Fintech CEOs Jump Start Growth
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis' State of the State Address
- League of Women Voters PBC Endorses Life-Saving EMERGENCY INFO PLAN
"This rate change discourages the all-day use of on-street spaces," said Bob Carle, Public Parking Officer. "It should result in the quicker turnover of Downtown parking spaces by forcing all-day meter feeders into garages and thereby increasing customer parking availability for restaurants, retailers and other downtown businesses."
This adjustment follows a recent change to rates in municipal garages and is but another step in a long list of parking strategies designed to make on-street spaces available for customers and easier to access, to manage supply and demand for off-street spaces to facilitate full office occupancy in the core of Downtown, and to modernize and upgrade Downtown parking. Other strategies will include the implementation of one or more mobile phone parking payment apps, the installation of parking pay stations (kiosks) and an overhaul of the City's current meter-bagging policies to keep more metered spaces in service and available for use rather than bagged and out of service. These strategies were designed to help foster restaurant and retail growth in downtown and complement the DIA's many existing grant programs available to retailers and restaurateurs interested in relocating to or expanding in downtown.
More on The Floridant
- Agency Owner, Speaker, Master Coach and Author, Peter Blount, Hits Amazon Best-Se
- Eggscape the ordinary with Norman Love Confections' 2021 Easter Collection
- Business lawyer David Steinfeld chosen by Avvo as Top Rated Lawyer for 2021
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Highlights Efforts to Vaccinate Seniors in Partnership with Faith-Based Community
- Florida: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Additional COVID-19 Vaccination Site in Marion County
The on-street parking rate will increase from $0.50 to $1.00 for the first two half hours and from $0.50 to $2.00 for every subsequent hour in high demand areas. The rates are to remain at $0.50 for every hour in low demand areas. The rates apply Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. The resolution allows the DIA and Office of Public Parking to review and modify the boundaries of the high and low-demand areas as needed.
The rate schedule also includes a provision to implement night, weekend and holiday parking rates for special events such as Jaguar games or concerts. On-street event parking rates will fluctuate between $5.00 and $15.00 depending on the type of event, with a duration of six hours.
The rate increases will become effective March 1, 2021, unless and until, the Jacksonville City Council enacts an ordinance to the contrary.
About the Downtown Investment Authority: The Downtown Investment Authority was established by the City of Jacksonville to revitalize Jacksonville's urban core by utilizing Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) resources and is guided by a nine-member board of directors. The DIA seeks to attract investment, facilitate job creation and increase residential density through capital investments, planning, marketing and public-private partnerships including the provision of incentives for the general community and Downtown stakeholders. For more information, visit https://dia.coj.net/ and https://investdtjax.com/.
More on The Floridant
- Managing Financial Risk is the topic for Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association's Mar. 17th
- Cory's Affordable Computers Schedules Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening March 18, 2021
- Nadula Hair Super Member's Day-Unbelievable Lower Price
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of PEP Travel Group and Waldron McCritty, CEO of BE LUX, Alumni of ASCEND 2020, form teaming alliance to promote Luxury Hospitality
- D'Artagnan's Annual Cassoulet War Goes Online for Its Seventh Year
Latest on The Floridant
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- Students in Clearwater Learn their Human Rights and How to Advocate for Them
- Sponsors announced for virtual Market Trends 2021 on March 9
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case
- Liquid Core® Gum Company announces TDA Boulder Creative Director Jonathan Schoenberg has joined its Advisory Board
- myLAB Box Launches 16 New At-Home Tests, Offering Comprehensive Health Monitoring from the Comfort of Home
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Presents Free Downsizing Webinar on March 27
- Zilker Partners Acquires Growth Digital, Forming One-of-a-Kind Firm
- Jabil Healthcare Signs Strategic Collaboration Agreement with E3D, Expanding Pharmaceutical Market Offering
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- Trust MD Corp & Simplicity Group launch an educational in the US for Spanish speaking financiers
- Celina Nogueras Launches Season Four of Jefas y Jevas
- Curvy Me! Magazine - Women's Lifestyle Magazine Launch Issue
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Mizner Country Club Breaks Ground With First Female Executive Chef
- Awareness: Whispers From Nature — Book Launch
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- Holladay Properties to provide services for new medical office development at Orange Park Medical Center