- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP - 167
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Julington Group Joins Florida Homes Realty & Mortgage
- The latest National Weather Service report shows Tropical Storm Eta located off the western coast of the state near Tampa and is predicted to move northeast into our region throughout the day tomorrow.
- The National Weather Service has issued Tropical Storm Warnings and Watches for portions of Northeast Florida. Additional Watches and Warnings may need to be issued today, but at this time no watches or warnings are currently in effect for Duval County.
- This storm will bring a slight risk of excessive rainfall and moderate to high winds throughout the Jacksonville area for most of the day tomorrow (Nov. 12).
- Due to higher than normal tides, we may see some flooding. Public Works teams have been proactively working in areas known to present challenges.
- There will also be high risk along our beaches today and tomorrow with rough surf and life–threatening rip currents. Citizens are encouraged to stay out of the water.
- A Small Craft Advisory is in effect for most of the coastal waters.
- The Emergency Operations Center and partner agencies are continuing to closely track Tropical Storm Eta.
- The mayor has instructed key City agencies and departments to be prepared in case the situation changes. At this time, no closures are planned City offices and departments, nor are there mandates for any private businesses.
- Citizens are urged to use extra caution if they need to leave their homes tomorrow.
- JFRD, JSO, JEA, and the Public Works Department have crews standing by in the event of any power outages or other conditions created by the wind and rain.
- The City does not anticipate ordering any evacuations or the opening of shelters.
Latest on The Floridant
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida expands E-Learning Hub to include full K-12 curriculum and more
- Elite Jets Charters promotes Gustavo Botura to director of client services
- Drop My Fees Secures Major Funding with 47 Capital Management
- West Coast Recording Artist, Composer and Actor, Blue Ragg$ Releases New Music & Theatrical Video
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Intellectual Property Expert Edward Livingston & Expands to Sarasota
- Swaggerty's Receives Highest Possible Grade from BRC Food Safety Auditors for 8th Consecutive Year
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- Former CEO & Founder of Five Star Custom Foods, Acquired by Cargill, Joins CEO Coaching International
- Jupiter Florida Celebrity Home Sets Record as Most Expensive Ever Racing Legend Johnny Gray's Home Listed for $ 32.5 Million
- Thiel College names Terry Eddy to Board of Trustees
- MiX Telematics Announces Date of Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Conference Call and Webcast
- THIS MONTH: Adaptability, Resilience on Display as Florida Families, Educators Celebrate School Choice Week Safely
- The St. Joe Company Releases a Video Showing Progress on Projects Currently in Development or Under Construction
- Dr. BRANDT®'s NEW C Scription Brightening Serum with 20% THD Ascorbate, highest concentration of effective Vitamin C in skincare
- Publix Voluntarily Recalls Private Label Butternut Squash Steam in Bag Selections Due to Possible Health Risk
- "Diamond Fuji" to be Seen from TOKYO SKYTREE in February
- Lennar Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividends
- Matanzas on the Bay to offer Valentine's Day dinner feature, live music Feb. 14
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces $85.8 Million in CARES Act Funding to Address Housing Instability and Homelessness in Florida
- State of Florida Announces New COVID-19 Vaccination Site in Fort Lauderdale