The City of Jacksonville's Neighborhoods Department, Environmental Quality Division is issuing an air quality advisory, as elevated levels of Particulate Matter are occurring today and projected through the weekend. The dust storm from the Sahara has reached Florida and is contributing to elevated Particulate Matter concentrations.
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities. Keep outdoor activities short. Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
More on The Floridant
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup
- Quigley Eye Specialists Opens New Cape Coral Office
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 Earnings & Appoints Advisor to Ideanomics' MEG and Medici Motor Works
- Astor Capital Launches $45M AI Investment Initiative
- Blades Direct "Blades Direct Reviews" BladesDirect.net announces Exclusive Distributor agreement
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don't breathe as hard. Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors. Be active outdoors when air quality is better.
The link below will direct you to the EPA AIRNOW web site which collects the Environmental Quality Division's data and provides the most current air quality data, and the air quality forecast for tomorrow, for the City of Jacksonville. The web site is located at the following web address: www.airnow.gov.
Latest on The Floridant
- Hospital Memoir Both Hilarious And Poignant
- Inspiring Book is Tool of Hope for Those Affected by Addictions
- 50% Off Weight Loss Program in July
- Reasons to Trust Our Experts and Avoid DIY
- BIOSHIELD29TM Is the First Flexible, Adhesive Surface Made of Copper to Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungus on Any Surface
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- Fishman & Associates - Designing the Food and Beverage Areas for the new Sheraton Hotel in Bradenton
- Learn How to Maneuver the IRS Rules for a Real Estate Professional
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- PawPail Products Now Available at Walmart.com
- Thirty Years after His Break-in to Reagan's Home on July 4th of 1990 Gregory GOrDon Proves He is GOD
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- RVA Podcast Moves to Friday Beginning July 3
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Spencer Hennings as Florida's Condominium Ombudsman
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Daniel Hodges to the Clay County Utility Authority
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Clay County Development Authority
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Elizabeth Justen and Steven Harvey to the South Broward Hospital District
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Broward County Housing Authority
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Margaret "Maggie" Hansen to the Board of Nursing
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Roberto Alonso to the Miami Dade College District Board of Trustees