- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd - 110
- Helios Technologies Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Assets of Joyonway to Further Expand Electronic Controls Platform
- FitterPaws Comfort Dog Chews And Treats
The City of Jacksonville's Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department (PRCS) along with its partner Indigo Golf Partners celebrated the grand reopening of Blue Cypress Golf Course. Blue Cypress is a 9-hole, par 36 course measuring 3,229 yards from the longest tees.
Opening in mid-April, the renovations consist of resurfacing all tees, greens, fairways and driving range. Also, the irrigation system has been upgraded to help maintain the course. Council Member Ron Salem said, "The reopening of this golf course is very exciting for the Arlington community, and I am proud to be able to support the renovations to this necessary neighborhood amenity."
The city-owned Blue Cypress Park and Golf Course was previously a local 18-hole golf course for the Edenfield River Estates development. Because the park is in an environmentally sensitive area, plans were developed to reduce the course to a 9-hole golf course and use the remaining area for a natural, resource-based public outdoor recreation site.
Current amenities at the park include a playground, Community Center, tennis courts, soccer fields, trails and picnic shelters. Additionally, the fishing pier and boardwalk include beautiful, scenic views of the St. John's River.
More on The Floridant
- Wash Ninja® Voted 2021 Top 5 Bold City Best Car Wash / Detail Services
- New Book "finding Your Company's Spiritual Purpose" Hopes To Encourage Greater Level Of Community Involvement
- Unice Hair Brand Day × Graduation 2021 SUPER Sale!
- Tommy Bohanon Foundation exceeds fundraising goal to support at-risk youth
- New Report Ends Corporate Media's Favorite False Narrative About Florida's Successful COVID-19 Response
Indigo Golf Partners will manage the course. "Indigo Golf Partners and the City of Jacksonville hold a joint commitment to elevate the facility and create a comfortable and fun environment for everyone to enjoy playing golf," says Daryl Joseph, Director of PRCS. "Indigo has a strong track record in the state of Florida and has already shown their expertise in growing safe and enjoyable recreational experiences."
Council Member Joyce Morgan, also an ardent supporter of the improvements, said, "The opening of Blue Cypress Golf Course for me personally is like welcoming an old friend back home. As the District 1 Council Member, this is a game-changer for our community. Not only will we have golf back in Old Arlington, we will also usher in "The First Tee" golf program which can be a major deterrent to crime as we continue to build opportunities for children and their families."
About PRCS: The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) serves diverse populations of all ages and abilities through recreation activities and programs, conservation and marine resources, sports and entertainment, senior services, social services, disabled services, and extension services serving approximately 900,000 residents in Duval County. PRCS offers over 400 parks and recreational spaces. For more information, please visit COJ.net/departments/parks-and-recreation.
More on The Floridant
- Following CDC Guidance, Face Coverings Made Optional for Fully Vaccinated Individuals Inside Publix Stores
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Matthew Bruno as Chair and Chereen Coile to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe Board of Directors
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Florida Communities Trust Governing Board
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Two to the Suwannee River Water Management District Governing Board
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Northwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board
About Indigo Golf Partners: Dedicated to optimizing all that the sport and business of golf offers, Indigo Golf Partners is one of the largest golf course management companies in the U.S. Headquartered in Reston, Va. with regional offices and teams across America, the company subscribes to a #GolfForEveryone purpose, and owns and operates more than 160 golf courses, country clubs and resorts in 29 states. Leveraging over 30 years of expertise, Indigo Golf Partners specializes in full-service property management as well as assistance in specific segments of the golf business. They include modern-day golf and property maintenance, staffing and training, clubhouse operations, food and beverage, merchandising, golf instruction, marketing, public relations, HOA integration, technology, special events and financial management. Please call (703) 761-1444 or visit www.indigogolf.com for more information.
Latest on The Floridant
- New Technology of TRT At Freeze Play Chiropractic & Cyro Servicing Estero & Ft Meyers Florida
- New from Down & Out Books: WANNABE by M. Wallace Herron
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction Between Harryco LLC and Silverbridge Capital
- SW Regional Manufacturers Association announces summer event series
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- Attorney Bruce L. Scheiner celebrates 50 years of practicing law and service in Southwest Florida
- CareTime Launches Integrated Payments Solution
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Hudson Grove, a New-Home Community in North Jacksonville, Priced from the $270,000s
- Activist/Ganjapreneur Ed "NJWeedman" Forchion Promotes "Puff & Paint" Cannabis Creativity
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Hispanic Women Leaders and We The Women Movement join forces to bring back EMPRESARIAS 2021
- Lake Nona Social relaunches women's events with Sip & Flamingle
- Professional Women of Flagler County to Host Event May 19 at Moonrise Brewing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Robbins LLP Announces That PureCycle Technologies, Inc. (PCT) is Being Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- Legacy Trust Counsel Announces Family Emergency & Wealth Legal Planning Free Workshop
- Florida: Governor DeSantis Signs Bill Allowing To-Go Sales of Alcoholic Beverages by Restaurants
- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd
- Travel + Leisure Co. Declares Cash Dividend
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Announces Upcoming Virtual Conference Participation
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Regatta Real Estate Management Inc & Fyve