- POSSIBLE ANNOUNCES GOOGLE AS PREMIER PRESENTING PARTNER
- Integrity Employee Leasing announces employee promotions
- Lauren Elizabeth Home | Electronics | Gifts : Expands Product Offerings
Despite several successful adoption events, and initiating an appointment-based intake system last month, the number of animals continues to exceed a volume that can be adequately cared for with current staffing and resources. For the sake of our animals as well as our staff and volunteers who work tirelessly to care for the segment of the pet population, we find it necessary to institute emergency measures that will place limitations on dogs entering the shelter to include those that pose a risk to public safety, sick or injured strays, and abuse, neglect, or cruelty cases. Currently scheduled intake appointments will be processed at their pre-arranged date and time. Each request for admission will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
More on The Floridant
- RYNO Garage Opens its Virtual Doors
- Twisted Sister Makeup Collection Launched by Rock and Roll Beauty
- Fort Myers Brewing announces Winter Wonderland Dec. 15-18
- Guadalupe Center receives grant from Collier Community Foundation
- The Garage enters strategic partnership with Morris Heights Health Center in an effort to change healthcare in underserved Bronx, NY
This temporary limitation to intake will be evaluated weekly and will remain in place until the shelter population is better aligned with the staff and volunteer capacity for care. During this time Animal Care and Protective Services' staff will be focusing on the daily care and placement of the more than 300 dogs currently residing in the shelter. The adoption center will remain open 7 days a week. Adoption fees and sterilized reclaim fees will continue to be waived. ACPS will be out in the community for mobile adoptions every weekend during the month of October.
Animal Code Enforcement Officers will continue to provide field services to ensure the safety of people and pets in our community. Concerns with animals in the community can be reported online at myjax.custhelp.com or by calling 904-630-CITY.
- Walk the neighborhood. Talk to community members to see if they recognize the pet.
- Look for flyers and signs for lost pets.
- Post found pet flyers and signs in the area where the pet was found.
- Use the power of social media and the internet! Post the pets on Nextdoor, Facebook, and Petco Love Lost.
- Have the pet scanned for a microchip at a nearby veterinarian office.
- Contact ACPS and the Jacksonville Humane Society to check lost pet reports or report a pet as found.
Latest on The Floridant
- FIS Challenges Nearly 200 Startups to Pitch their Boldest Ideas in First APAC Fintech Competition
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Names Keith Carter as FOTOmentor for FOTOfusion 2023
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS at The Ben to Focus on Palm Beach Style, January 9
- Soukup Presents Strategies for Nonprofit's Year-End and New Year Fundraising
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum to Host Consul General of Greece This Saturday
- Tickets still available for United Way's Dec. 14 campaign kickoff
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Cordell Broadus Partners With Tezos Foundation to Launch the Champ Medici Arts Fund $1 Million Initiative to Support Emerging Artists
- PulteGroup opens for sales at Rolling Hills in St. Johns County
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards Over $22 Million for Water Quality Projects to Benefit Biscayne Bay
- GA Telesis Component Repair Group Announces New Main Engine Fuel Pump Capability
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
- Unicoin Launches Global Art Investment Initiative During Miami Art Week
- Titan Pressure Washing Featured In East Palm City Living Magazine for Exceeding the Expected
- Pediatrix® Medical Group Releases Inaugural Sustainability Report
- Hurricane Ian Survivors Story told in their words
- Charity for Change's gala 'Planting Seeds of Humanity' raises $365,000
- Fuel is on the Rise, Individual's and Truckers are asking how to Save on Fuel - ECOFuelMax
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Easy Way to Clean Paint Roller Covers (MOT-148)