- SalusCare facilitates Addiction Policy Forum's Anti-Stigma Initiative
- The Barnacle Society to Host "Poetry Night at The Barnacle," Sponsored by TradeStation
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis Award $20 Million to Support Innovative Cancer Research
BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Milestone Charitable Foundation announces the launch of Compassionate Counsel, a distinction awarded annually to a select group of trial lawyers who are innovative in their pursuit of justice. Four exceptional individuals have been named to the award's inaugural 2023 class.
Compassionate Counsel recipients are selected by The Milestone Foundation's board for their unwavering commitment to the tenets of the Seventh Amendment and belief in the fundamental right to justice. These trial lawyers work tirelessly to help victims of civil injustices receive their rightful compensation and avoid additional harm or trauma throughout the course of their lawsuit. They see their clients as worthy of respect, see access to fair funding and financial support as a right and look out for their clients' well-being well beyond settlement.
More on The Floridant
- RefTec International Systems LLC has added a new product to their refrigerant handling portfolio
- Soar to New Heights with Englewood's Top-Ranked Parasailing Experience: Parasail Englewood Announces
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- Marin Asher joins Margaritaville Resort Fort Myers Beach as marketing and communications manager
- TRONUS: First Female Athlete-Owned Sneaker Company Backs USA Flag Football, Sponsors Star Athletes, and Redefines Recovery Footwear
"A truly plaintiff-centric approach is innovative by today's standards, as the trial lawyers who prioritize it as a tenet of their practice are a rare breed," said Erin Waas, executive director of The Milestone Foundation. "Compassionate Counsel is designed to celebrate and elevate these trailblazers who walk the walk when it comes to wholistically serving personal injury clients."
As such, the 2023 Compassionate Counsel distinction is awarded to Ben Whitley of Whitley Law Firm, Kim Dougherty of Justice Law Collaborative, LLC, Anna Rol of Baron & Budd, P.C. and Ellen Relkin of Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C.
"These four outstanding trial lawyers truly embody our foundation's ethos," said Waas. "Their commitment to their clients and our civil justice system as a whole is admirable, and we could not be more honored to have them make up our inaugural Compassionate Counsel class."
More on The Floridant
- Demystifying California's Governmental Process
- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MSM Advisors CPAs and Small Business Advisors is a 2023 Best of Gwinnett Winner
- Famer App: Transforming Youth Sports with 89% of Parents Reporting Skill Improvement
- Natalie Jean Releases New Country Rock Song "The What For" Written by Natalie Jean and Nicki Kris
Awardees will be honored at a ceremony January 22, 2023, in Miami. For more information about The Milestone Foundation or to nominate someone for next year's Compassionate Counsel awards, visit https://themilestonefoundation.org/compassionate-counsel/.
About The Milestone Foundation
The Milestone Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides financial assistance to people pursuing a personal injury lawsuit. Being a nonprofit organization enables the Foundation to advance funding to plaintiffs at low-cost and simple interest. A unique model in the plaintiff-funding industry, the Foundation is committed to helping people who are struggling to make ends meet.
SOURCE The Milestone Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Lee Health Foundation hires Krystal Velazquez
- Cryptsoft licenses KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) to xFusion Digital Technologies for use in Baseboard Management Controllers
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Makes Eight Judicial Appointments
- Fort Myers Brewing unveils full beer lineup for 11th Anniversary Party Feb. 22-25
- Exclusive Interview: Gianna Santo Shares Insights from Dawn Grant's Mind Game Mastery Course
- Naples Concert Band - Two Performances in March!
- Delirious Comedy Club Is Moving And We Want You To Join Us In Downtown Las Vegas
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Product for Music Enthusiasts (TLS-337)
- Silicon Private Wealth Expands Its Ownership Group in 2024
- Ascendance Night Season One Event to Illuminate the Screen on March 20th
- New from Down & Out Books: PLAYING DEAD by TG Wolff
- More Violent Acts Prompt Need for Laws Documenting Psychiatric Drug Links
- REISS Deploys Teamwork Commerce Mobile Point-of-Sale Across All US Stores
- EveryHost Marketing & SEO Team Partners with Carreg.co.uk to Achieve Premier Google Rankings
- 15th Annual Indian River Marine Flea Market and Seafood Festival
- 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Set to Premiere on FOX SOUL Streaming Network
- Learn My History Foundation Celebrates Youth Achievement
- What Makes The Window Film Specialists Of Sarasota Florida Special?
- CricketForIndia (CFI) Valuation Analysis Endorsed by Wall Street Investment Advisor, Jerry Kempa
- Bent Danholm Joins MyStateMLS for Enhanced Real Estate Listing Exposure