- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Framework for Freedom Budget
- Worker Safety Net Adds New Title to its Safety Library
- Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida's Board Appoints New CEO
BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Milestone Charitable Foundation announces the launch of Compassionate Counsel, a distinction awarded annually to a select group of trial lawyers who are innovative in their pursuit of justice. Four exceptional individuals have been named to the award's inaugural 2023 class.
Compassionate Counsel recipients are selected by The Milestone Foundation's board for their unwavering commitment to the tenets of the Seventh Amendment and belief in the fundamental right to justice. These trial lawyers work tirelessly to help victims of civil injustices receive their rightful compensation and avoid additional harm or trauma throughout the course of their lawsuit. They see their clients as worthy of respect, see access to fair funding and financial support as a right and look out for their clients' well-being well beyond settlement.
More on The Floridant
- Hookahville 56 Lineup Announcement
- New from Down & Out Books: 27 DAYS by Patrick H. Moore
- Insigneo Adds Maria Solanet as Financial Advisor
- Climate Institute Signs Agreement with Swiss-Based 2000-Watt Smart Cities Association to Promote New Climate Change Programs in the United States
- Wildflower Bee Farm publishes new book "What Grandpa Learned from His Honeybees"
"A truly plaintiff-centric approach is innovative by today's standards, as the trial lawyers who prioritize it as a tenet of their practice are a rare breed," said Erin Waas, executive director of The Milestone Foundation. "Compassionate Counsel is designed to celebrate and elevate these trailblazers who walk the walk when it comes to wholistically serving personal injury clients."
As such, the 2023 Compassionate Counsel distinction is awarded to Ben Whitley of Whitley Law Firm, Kim Dougherty of Justice Law Collaborative, LLC, Anna Rol of Baron & Budd, P.C. and Ellen Relkin of Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C.
"These four outstanding trial lawyers truly embody our foundation's ethos," said Waas. "Their commitment to their clients and our civil justice system as a whole is admirable, and we could not be more honored to have them make up our inaugural Compassionate Counsel class."
More on The Floridant
- Innovations for Learning Announces Rebranding and Name Change to Chapter One
- BACCARAT HOTEL DUBAI SET TO OPEN IN 2026
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, Charitable Partner - 'The On It Foundation' Qualify to Distribute Google Career Certificates
- Innovative Eyewear, Inc. Announces Features Update for its Vyrb™ Social Audio App
- Bay Food Brokerage grows sales team with key hire
Awardees will be honored at a ceremony January 22, 2023, in Miami. For more information about The Milestone Foundation or to nominate someone for next year's Compassionate Counsel awards, visit https://themilestonefoundation.org/compassionate-counsel/.
About The Milestone Foundation
The Milestone Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides financial assistance to people pursuing a personal injury lawsuit. Being a nonprofit organization enables the Foundation to advance funding to plaintiffs at low-cost and simple interest. A unique model in the plaintiff-funding industry, the Foundation is committed to helping people who are struggling to make ends meet.
SOURCE The Milestone Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Oracle Cloud Helps Oracle Red Bull Racing Gear Up For Fans - and the Track - in 2023
- First Ever GOSPEL SHABBAT at Temple Beth El in WPB, Friday at 7 pm
- Oragenics, Inc. Regains Compliance with NYSE American
- Go Green, Employers Can Conveniently Send Recipient W2C Forms in PDF Format
- "...so you think you can trust the media?" A new mockumentary by writer Mike Meier, now on YouTube
- Inaugural Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Film Festival© Welcomes Co-Stars of RALLY CAPS at Lake Worth
- KRAVIS CENTER: Singer Jill Switzer Questions Author Susan Shapiro Barash on 'No Guilt' Love Affairs,
- ARTS GARAGE to Present Romantic Singing Sensation ANTHONY NUNZIATA, March 4 at 8 pm
- Louisville Riverport Authority Applies To Include South Central Kentucky In Foreign Trade Zone #29 Service Area
- Orlando Get Ready to Experience a Workshop You've Been Waiting Lifetimes to Attend
- The Only TV Show of its' Kind Features CEOs from the World of Caregiving
- Lee County's first microbrewery turns 10
- DIY DPF Cleaning – How to Save Fuel – Guaranteed – ECOFuelMax.com
- Immokalee Fair Housing Alliance to host March 1 'Wall Raising' for new affordable housing community
- Ardurra Group, Inc. Announces New Ownership Structure in Partnership with Management and Littlejohn & Co.
- First Lady Casey DeSantis Awards $50,000 in Hope Florida Funds to Five Polk County Non-Profit Organizations
- Watercrest Winter Park Assisted Living and Memory Care Honored as a Finalist in the 2022 Best of Winter Park Awards
- DealerKnows Consulting Announces the 2023 DealerKnows Summer Camp - The Most Unique Automotive Event of the Year
- Dukunoo Jamaican Kitchen Unveils New Menu for Miami Health and Awareness Month
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces First Awards Through Broadband Opportunity Program