- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP - 166
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Julington Group Joins Florida Homes Realty & Mortgage
In the fourth quarter of 2020, the Hispanic Consumer Sentiment Index fell to 79.3, about six points shy of the third quarter mark, according to the Florida Atlantic University Business and Economics Polling Initiative (FAU BEPI) in FAU's College of Business.
The fourth quarter number, while about the same as the general population's consumer confidence sentiment published by the University of Michigan, is nearly 22 points lower than it was a year ago before the start of the pandemic.
More on The Floridant
- Jacksonville: City Office and Facilities Closed Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Enveric Biosciences Inc. Announces Closing of $10 Million Registered Direct Offering
- Florida Leads the Nation in Vaccinating Seniors
- Growing Climate Solutions announces new 'SWFL Climate Compass Series'
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation raises $66,800 at Voices of Hope Gala
"Hispanics may be less optimistic due to the fact that the Latino unemployment rate is higher than the overall unemployment rate in the United States," said Monica Escaleras, Ph.D., director of FAU BEPI.
The fourth quarter poll found that 47 percent of Hispanics said they are better off financially today than a year ago, compared to 57 percent who felt that way during the third quarter. In addition, 62 percent of respondents said they expect to be better off financially in the next year, while 69 percent of respondents felt that way in the third quarter.
The latest survey also revealed that fewer respondents feel it is a good time to buy big-ticket items, while more respondents believe the cost of living has gone up.
Still, Hispanics appear confident in the long-run economic outlook, with 66 percent saying they expect it to be good in the next five years. That's up nine points from the third quarter.
More on The Floridant
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Mississippi Valley State University
- How can your business benefit from a non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreement
- SWFL seniors receive Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine at Gulf Coast Village
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida expands E-Learning Hub to include full K-12 curriculum and more
The poll is based on a sampling of 617 Hispanics, 18 years of age and older, from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2020. The margin of error is +/- 3.95 percentage points. The survey was administered using both landlines via IVR data collection and online data collection using Dynata. Responses for the entire sample were weighted to reflect the national distribution of the Hispanic population by region, education, gender, age and income, according to latest American Community Survey data. The polling results and full cross-tabulations can be viewed at www.business.fau.edu/BEPI.
SOURCE Florida Atlantic University Business and Economics Polling Initiative
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Lennar Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividends
- Matanzas on the Bay to offer Valentine's Day dinner feature, live music Feb. 14
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces $85.8 Million in CARES Act Funding to Address Housing Instability and Homelessness in Florida
- State of Florida Announces New COVID-19 Vaccination Site in Fort Lauderdale
- Survival of Endangered Languages at Risk in a Globalized Mainstream Culture, WordFinder Study Uncovers
- Florida Business Owner Holly Magliochetti Named to NSBA Leadership Council
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis: Booster Shots for Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Necessary Regardless of Manner of Distribution
- Texpak Offers Environmentally-Friendly Ecotach™ Fasteners to Address Sustainability Needs
- Smart Baking Company products now available at Publix
- Coral Bay Recovery Awarded Behavioral Health Care Accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association and CareerSource SWFL host job fair
- Bug Bite Thing Donates $10,000 to Treasure Coast Food Bank
- Covid-19 Resulted In A 69% Increase In Customer Service Call Volumes For Resultscx Retail Clients
- Blaige Arranges Growth Investments in Action Packaging and Signature Flexible Packaging to Create Powerful New Flexible Packaging Platform
- Pennexx's Your Social Offers Opens SMS Text Messaging for Merchants to Share Offers
- Morningstar names Quantified STF Fund top-performing tactical-allocation fund in 2020
- GMA Architects & Planners completes new building design for Enterprise in Cape Coral
- Infinite Leap Announced Nemours Children's Health System Selects Real-Time Location Technologies to Strengthen Its Operational Effectiveness
- SBA Announces Offering of $1.5 Billion of Senior Notes Due 2029
- Pump efficiencies and the effect on ROI