- CHS Board appoints Aristides Pallin as new President & CEO
- Vacation rental startup, Snackt, launches nationwide
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Nearly eight months ago, under the leadership of Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida submitted its Section 804 Importation Proposal (SIP) to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for our state's Canadian Prescription Drug Importation Program – the first in the nation to do so. Today, President Biden directed the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to work with states and tribes to safely import prescription drugs from Canada as outlined in the FDA's implementing regulations based in part off Florida's 2019 importation concept paper.
Since taking office, Governor Ron DeSantis has prioritized lowering the cost of prescription drugs for Floridians. In 2019, the Florida Legislature passed several pieces of legislation, including Florida's Canadian Drug Importation Program, to reform Florida's health care market by increasing transparency, empowering patients, and reducing costs. Florida's Canadian Drug Importation Program will improve access to essential medications to vulnerable citizens and potentially save the state between $80 to $150 million in the first year alone.
More on The Floridant
- Latina Economic Advancement Project Celebrates Launch with Unveiling of Limited-Edition Scarf
- VMA Hosting Robot Brawl at Jackie Robinson Ballpark Oct. 2, 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- Backstage Divas Returns to 98ROCKFEST After Pandemic Hiatus
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
"In Florida, we've led the nation in creating a program to lower prescription drug costs through their importation from Canada," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "With the issuance of this new executive order directing the FDA to work with states, I expect no further delay in the approval of Florida's plan to import safe and effective prescription drugs. While Big Pharma and federal bureaucracy have continued to stand in the way, it's past time Florida taxpayers realized savings on these drugs."
In May of this year, Governor Ron DeSantis toured the facility secured by Florida to warehouse drugs procured through this program and called on the Biden Administration and leadership at HHS to approve Florida's SIP. Further, on June 1, 2021, Florida filed an Amicus brief in support of the HHS final rule implementing Section 804 of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, to facilitate the importation of prescription drugs.
More on The Floridant
- Backstage Divas Returns to 101.1 WJRR's EarthDay Birthday After Pandemic Hiatus
- 08:38 ET WorkTraining.com Releases its First Online Spanish Course: Entrenamiento Sobre Sospecha Razonable del DOT
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- PAG Law continues to be recognized for its leading venture capital practice
Within 90 days of approval by the FDA, the Agency for Health Care Administration will finally be able to physically import prescriptions drugs, ensure customs inspections are complete and proper testing has taken place, and then fulfilling state agency orders. The state will begin by providing prescription drugs in a small number of drug classes which will include maintenance medications to help individuals that have chronic health conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and mental illness. These drugs will be for individuals who are under the care of the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD), Department of Children and Families (DCF), Department of Corrections (FDC), and Department of Health (DOH).
Latest on The Floridant
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Colography Group & Halstatt Legacy Partners
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Ian Black Real Estate hires veteran sales associate
- Moss Celebrates Completion of Landmark South in Doral
- Docu-Real TV Series "Awakening Giants" Produced by Legacy Life Productions to Premiere on October 10th on Vimeo as Part of a 3-Day Virtual Event Designed to Inspire Change in Humanity
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present 60s Legends BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida resumes field trip program for area seventh graders
- Slash Fitness and Delray Beach Market Partner to Host Weekend Workout
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® Teams Up with Tim Tebow Foundation to Battle Human Trafficking
- GMA Architects & Planners completes design for new Estero Crossing retail buildings in Estero
- Linda Lindenmoyer expands role to also manage the relocation division for Florida Realty
- New Florida Film Fund launched
- Boys & Girls Club of Collier County adds two members to Board of Directors
- Miami Dolphins and Broxel Announce Multi-Year Agreement
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Love That Dress! shopping event raises $65,000 for Pace Center for Girls, Lee
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling