- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Seven to the CareerSource Florida Board of Directors
- Fathym announces the addition of Sergio Sotolongo to its board of directors
- The Florida Bar Honors Michael Corso as Board Certified Lawyer of the Year
"Supporting the growth and resilience of Florida communities is the best way to ensure Florida's strong future," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Investments made today will provide 23 communities with access to the resources they need to diversify their economies, increase public safety, and mitigate future risks."
"Governor DeSantis has championed the economic growth of Florida's communities by making continued investments in their success," said DEO Secretary Dane Eagle. "DEO is proud to support his efforts by connecting communities to opportunities that suit their unique needs and foster generational growth for their residents."
The CDBG-CV program, administered by DEO, primarily benefits low- and moderate-income residents. Activities include workforce housing, training, and sustainability, as well as broadband infrastructure and planning.
More on The Floridant
- Pace Lee launches #MakeSpaceForPace dress collection to support Love That Dress! fundraiser
- RE/MAX Alliance Group Associates in the Florida Tampa Bay Area Named Among "America's Best"
- Financial Advisor & Wealth Coach, Arlene Alvarez Signs Publishing Deal w/ CelebrityPress
- 65% of Today's Workforce Is Actively Looking for Another Job; Culture Over Everything Is the Solution
- Jacksonville: Stay Cool and Celebrate Independence Day at a City Pool or Splash Pad
The following communities will receive an award through the CDBG-CV program:
- Alachua County ($4,000,782)
- City of Apopka ($800,000)
- City of Coleman ($1,772,500
- City of Fort Lauderdale ($906,510)
- City of Green Cove Springs ($1,397,600)
- City of Hollywood ($760,335)
- City of Homestead ($502,061)
- Village of Indiantown ($342,390)
- Lake City ($2,000,000)
- Leon County ($3,604,207)
- City of Macclenny ($291,000)
- City of Mary Esther ($324,000)
- City of New Port Richey ($973,986)
- City of Stuart ($4,791,000)
- City of Vernon ($987,566)
- Town of Wausau ($1,384,090)
- City of West Palm Beach ($567,974)
The Rebuild Florida Hazard Mitigation Grant Match Program, administered by DEO, funds the local community's match portion of the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) awards, administered by the Florida Division of Emergency Management, for eligible projects to support recovery efforts in communities impacted by Hurricane Michael.
The following communities will receive awards through the CDBG-DR Hazard Mitigation Grant Match Program:
- Gulf County ($1,039,184)
- Jackson County ($367,364)
- Liberty County ($115,116)
- City of Marianna ($474,000)
- City of Mexico Beach ($601,408)
- City of Panama City ($492,428)
For more information about the CDBG-CV program, please visit FloridaJobs.org/CDBG-CV. For more information about the HMGP Match Program, please visit RebuildFlorida.gov.
Latest on The Floridant
- NYPPEX CEO Laurence Allen Expects Investors to Lock-In Record Unrealized Value in Private Equity Funds in 2nd Half 2022
- First-of-its-kind wind project delivered by World Kinect Energy Services helps Finland achieve key sustainability milestone
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- BankUnited, Inc. to Announce Second Quarter Results
- Elite Jets extends lease with Naples Airport through 2050
- Matthew Brickman Explains How a Business Is Split During Divorce in 2022
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Students' Elevating their Excellence in Civics
- CB STRAT Takes Center Stage on "World's Greatest!...", Airs on Bloomberg TV July 9th and 23rd
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
- Disney Good Neighbor Hotel Lulu is Open for the Summer
- How2Media Announces Award-Winning Grocer Hy-Vee was Featured on "World's Greatest!..."
- Neurotech Startup Canaery Secures Over $4 Million in Seed Funding to Digitize the Sense of Smell
- EPA's Renewable Fuel Standard Pathways Expand to Include Greasezilla® Advanced Biofuel as RIN-Qualified Feedstock
- Specialty Golf Cart Ceramic Coatings by Wash Ninja® Now Available
- Checkers® & Rally's® (Literally) Rallies America to Move National French Fry Day to, Well, a 'Friday'
- Aspiring To Excellence Continues at Globe Star with CARF Accreditation
- JKS Financial Sponsors Program To Teach High School Students Investment Skills
- JK2 Founder Paul Holmes announces retirement
- Don Barnhart's "Unapologetically Funny" Comedy Tour Keeps Las Vegas Laughing With 50% Discount
- Craig W Brearley Architecture Transitions to New Ownership While Maintaining a Tradition of Architec