- SalusCare facilitates Addiction Policy Forum's Anti-Stigma Initiative
- The Barnacle Society to Host "Poetry Night at The Barnacle," Sponsored by TradeStation
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis Award $20 Million to Support Innovative Cancer Research
"This new rail track will make an inaccessible area of the industrial park accessible for businesses in important sectors like manufacturing and attract new businesses to Jacksonville from across the country," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "This award is an example of the smart investments we're making in Florida's communities to strengthen local economies and expand job opportunities."
"DEO is proud to stand with Governor DeSantis to announce another investment in Floridians and businesses. Today's award brings the total to $66.5 million in strategic investments through the Governor's Job Growth Grant Fund this year alone," said Department of Economic Opportunity Secretary Dane Eagle. "The Cecil Commerce Center project will go a long way for the region, and I look forward to the meaningful opportunities it will create for Floridians and businesses in the Jacksonville area."
More on The Floridant
- RefTec International Systems LLC has added a new product to their refrigerant handling portfolio
- Soar to New Heights with Englewood's Top-Ranked Parasailing Experience: Parasail Englewood Announces
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- Marin Asher joins Margaritaville Resort Fort Myers Beach as marketing and communications manager
- TRONUS: First Female Athlete-Owned Sneaker Company Backs USA Flag Football, Sponsors Star Athletes, and Redefines Recovery Footwear
"EFI is very appreciative of Governor DeSantis for his support of public infrastructure and workforce through the Job Growth Grant Fund," said Enterprise Florida Deputy Secretary Laura DiBella. "This rail spur will have a massive benefit to the Cecil Commerce Center and Northeast Florida as a whole, unlocking a strategic mega site with tremendous job potential. EFI looks forward to working with the City of Jacksonville and all the partners involved to ensure the greatest economic impact is received due to this award."
"Investing in projects like this rail spur to build upon Florida's strong transportation network helps to ensure resiliency, supports supply chain operations, and enhances economic growth," said Florida Department of Transportation Secretary Jared W. Perdue, P.E. "This is yet another example under Governor DeSantis' leadership of working with partners to develop projects that offer major benefits to the local community, the region, and the state as a whole."
"The City of Jacksonville is grateful to Governor DeSantis for this funding and we look forward to the expansion," said Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry. "Jacksonville is experiencing record growth and this will ensure we continue to attract new business and potential workforce."
More on The Floridant
- Demystifying California's Governmental Process
- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MSM Advisors CPAs and Small Business Advisors is a 2023 Best of Gwinnett Winner
- Famer App: Transforming Youth Sports with 89% of Parents Reporting Skill Improvement
- Natalie Jean Releases New Country Rock Song "The What For" Written by Natalie Jean and Nicki Kris
Last year, Governor DeSantis awarded $6 million through the Job Growth Grant Fund to support the construction of nearly two miles of roadway and extend utilities to provide access to underdeveloped property on the east side of Cecil Airport and Spaceport. This project was designed to attract new aerospace and commercial space companies to the area.
The Florida Job Growth Grant Fund is an economic development program designed to promote public infrastructure and workforce training across the state. Proposals are reviewed by DEO and Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI), and are chosen by Governor DeSantis to meet the demands for workforce training or infrastructure needs in communities around the state.
DEO and EFI are currently accepting proposals until all funding has been awarded. For more information, visit www.FloridaJobs.org/JobGrowth.
Latest on The Floridant
- Lee Health Foundation hires Krystal Velazquez
- Cryptsoft licenses KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) to xFusion Digital Technologies for use in Baseboard Management Controllers
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Makes Eight Judicial Appointments
- Fort Myers Brewing unveils full beer lineup for 11th Anniversary Party Feb. 22-25
- Exclusive Interview: Gianna Santo Shares Insights from Dawn Grant's Mind Game Mastery Course
- Naples Concert Band - Two Performances in March!
- Delirious Comedy Club Is Moving And We Want You To Join Us In Downtown Las Vegas
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Product for Music Enthusiasts (TLS-337)
- Silicon Private Wealth Expands Its Ownership Group in 2024
- Ascendance Night Season One Event to Illuminate the Screen on March 20th
- New from Down & Out Books: PLAYING DEAD by TG Wolff
- More Violent Acts Prompt Need for Laws Documenting Psychiatric Drug Links
- REISS Deploys Teamwork Commerce Mobile Point-of-Sale Across All US Stores
- EveryHost Marketing & SEO Team Partners with Carreg.co.uk to Achieve Premier Google Rankings
- 15th Annual Indian River Marine Flea Market and Seafood Festival
- 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Set to Premiere on FOX SOUL Streaming Network
- Learn My History Foundation Celebrates Youth Achievement
- What Makes The Window Film Specialists Of Sarasota Florida Special?
- CricketForIndia (CFI) Valuation Analysis Endorsed by Wall Street Investment Advisor, Jerry Kempa
- Bent Danholm Joins MyStateMLS for Enhanced Real Estate Listing Exposure