- Chef José Andrés' Zaytinya Concept Arrives to The South Beach Culinary Scene
- Third Annual TOPSoccer Festival Community Event
- AONE Music Unveils a Groundbreaking, All-Inclusive Experience in Miami's Wynwood District
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor DeSantis announced the launch of the Unite Florida Recovery Portal to connect Floridians impacted by Hurricane Ian to important recovery resources, including housing support.
Florida's first-ever state-led sheltering and housing program is available through IanRecovery.fl.gov and provides temporary sheltering options — such as travel trailers and recreational vehicles — and temporary or permanent repairs for households whose needs are not met through insurance or FEMA's Individual Assistance program. Residents impacted by Hurricane Ian can also access the Unite Florida Portal to report unmet needs such as transportation, household items and social services.
"Southwest Floridians have a long road to recovery ahead of them, and my administration is working hard to ensure we're making that process as smooth as possible," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "This recovery portal will assist eligible Floridians with navigating the available support options, including resources available through Florida's first-of-its-kind state-led sheltering and housing relief program."
More on The Floridant
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE'S ALL-NEW NORWEGIAN VIVA COMPLETES HER EXCLUSIVE CHRISTENING VOYAGE FOLLOWING A STAR-STUDDED EVENT IN MIAMI
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Celebrates 21st Annual Holiday Gift Box Program
- Horizon Foundation, Horizon Council and Lee County EDO set to host 2024 Annual Meeting on Feb. 1
- DigitalBridge to Participate in Upcoming Investor and Industry Conferences in December 2023
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
"This innovative recovery portal will allow impacted residents to report their unmet needs, including housing, to aid in restoring the Southwest Florida community and get families back on their feet," said FDEM Director Kevin Guthrie. "I would like to thank the Governor and First Lady for their steadfast leadership and their use of innovative solutions to assist Floridians in their time of need."
Some sheltering and housing assistance programs may require you to register for FEMA Individual Assistance. Hurricane Ian survivors can apply for FEMA assistance and continuously update their applications by visiting DisasterAssistance.gov, calling (800) 621-3362, using the FEMA app or visiting one of more than 20 open Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs).
IanRecovery.fl.gov resources will also available in Spanish and Haitian-Creole. Information entered on the website is completely confidential. For those who need additional assistance completing an application, please call 1-800-892-0948.
Latest on The Floridant
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
- Dr. Alex Planes Has A New Website For His Planes Dental Arts Tradition Office In Port St. Lucie, FL!
- London Bay Development Group presenting sponsor for Guadalupe Center's 'Elevate' gala
- Titan Pressure Washing Demonstrates the Difference Between a Pressure Wash and a Soft Wash on Tile Roofs
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Michael Corso Honored for His Legacy of Service and Patriotism
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- Smoke Signals Success: Sonny's BBQ Leverages 2023 Insights to Fuel Growth in 2024
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- NexGen Hotels Acquires Best Western Plus in Venice, Florida
- Laser Photonics Corporation Provides Strategic and Operational Updates
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces Major Additions to Leadership Team