The industry with the highest growth over the year in the Naples area was construction with 2,100 new jobs. In August, Naples area had 4,550 job openings and of those, 776 were for high-skill, high-wage STEM jobs.
The industries with the highest growth over the year in the Fort Myers area were construction with 2,800 new jobs, education and health services with 2,100 new jobs and professional and business services with 2,100 new jobs. In August, the Fort Myers area had 10,069 job openings and of those, 2,017 were for high-skill, high-wage STEM jobs.
More on The Floridant
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds U.S. Department of Justice for More Than $291 Million in Public Safety Grant Awards
- Leadership NEXT announces 2019-2020 committee
- Local Plant Festival celebrates 25 years
- Dress for Success SW Florida announces sponsors for 2019 Shop for Success
- SWFL Children's Charities announces theme, co-chairs for 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest
Statewide, Florida businesses created 18,900 new private-sector jobs in August 2019. Florida's annual private-sector job growth rate of 2.8 percent continues to exceed the nation's rate of 1.6 percent. Florida's unemployment rate of 3.3 percent represents a drop of 0.1 percentage point over the year. This is while 143,000 people entered Florida's labor force, a growth of 1.4 percent in the past year.
To view the August 2019 employment data, visit www.floridajobs.org/labor-market-information/labor-market-information-press-releases/monthly-press-releases.
Latest on The Floridant
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Tender Offer for Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Tampa: Temporary Road Closure Water Street (formerly Old Water Street) to begin October 21, 2019 for Miscellaneous Construction
- Lucd and Edge Technology Group Enterprise AI Agreement
- SecureEPLS Broadens Service with Additional Exclusion Lists
- Tampa: Lane Closures on Hanley Road Between West Waters Avenue and Winging Way Drive
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial and Aviation Industry Leaders in New York
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings