"I am pleased to provide Community Planning Technical Assistance grants to help reinforce our community centers and create jobs," said Governor DeSantis. "The grants will help Florida communities endure the economic impacts of COVID-19."
The Florida communities and Regional Planning Councils receiving funding are:
- Apalachee Regional Planning Council– ($40,000) to conduct training and prepare a toolkit for community planning activities. Central Florida Regional Planning Council– ($30,000) to prepare a study on Migrant and Farmworker Housing in the central Florida region and a model ordinance that can be incorporated into local government land development regulations. City of Avon Park– ($38,500) to evaluate the City of Avon Park's wastewater treatment and disposal process. City of Bunnell– ($39,150) to design an Economic Development Use and Preliminary Master Plan for the Flagler Central Commerce Parkway Corridor. City of Crystal River– ($37,500) to collect, analyze and develop baseline geographic information system (GIS) data to guide planning and economic development activities. City of Dunedin– ($40,000) to create a citywide Multimodal Transportation Plan to address transportation and pedestrian safety. City of Dunnellon– ($35,000) to prepare a Historic District Enhancement Plan for the development a village center and the identification of a maritime district. City of Frostproof– ($40,000) to evaluate and recommend steps to extend the wastewater collection system for the City of Frostproof to include additional users. City of Green Cove Springs– ($40,000) to develop an interactive, comprehensive online GIS map. City of Key West– ($44,000) to create a Post Disaster Recovery and Reconstruction Plan. City of Laurel Hill– ($25,000) to update the land development code to implement policy directives from the City of Laurel Hill comprehensive plan and to establish community development standards. City of Neptune Beach– ($50,690) to revise its comprehensive plan to better identify new infrastructure and growth demands. City of New Port Richey– ($39,725) to develop a master plan for the New Port Richey downtown and US-19 Corridor. City of Pompano Beach– ($35,000) to establish a quantitative baseline for the City of Pompano Beach's sustainability performance and greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory and forecast. City of Sanford– ($40,000) to assess its vulnerabilities and develop a new Resilience Element for its comprehensive plan. City of Stuart– ($38,000) to develop a Federal Highway commercial corridor Economic Baseline Analysis Report and Master Plan. City of Wauchula– ($20,000) to establish a bicycle, pedestrian and trail plan to connect the Peace River and Van Fleet trails in Wauchula. City of Winter Springs – ($49,000) to create a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to offer recreation projects and programs including biking and pedestrian opportunities. DeSoto County – ($25,000) to update DeSoto County's comprehensive plan and land development regulations to address airport compatibility. East Central Florida Regional Planning Council– ($40,000) to develop the East Central Florida Food Resiliency Action Plan for a more resilient local, county and regional food system. East Central Florida Regional Planning Council– ($34,000) to create a Strategic Resilience Action Plan for the recently established East Central Florida Regional Resilience Collaborative. Emerald Coast Regional Council– ($40,000) to develop a corridor master plan for US-90 in Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa counties that focuses on a multiuse trail. Hendry County– ($40,000) to create a report to help implement the Hendry County findings from the AirGlades Land Use Study in order to evaluate and support future development. Town of Horseshoe Beach– ($10,000) to complete evaluation and appraisal-based amendments to the Horseshoe Beach comprehensive plan. Town of Lantana– ($35,000) to develop a Post-Disaster Plan. Village of Indiantown– ($50,000) to prepare a village-wide Stormwater Master Plan. Washington County– ($35,000) to complete a development guide as a resource for economic development and investment in the SR-79 Corridor.
More on The Floridant
- Florida Community Loan Fund Awarded $825,000 for Low-Income Communities
- Palm Beach Dentist Releases New Book "More Tooth Talk!"
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds Trump Administration Actions to Lower the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
For more information on Community Planning Technical Assistance Grants, please click HERE.
Latest on The Floridant
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- Cleft Patient Combats Bullying in Schools With New E-book
- Survey Highlights Challenges for Post-9/11 Wounded Veterans During Pandemic
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- Experience The Canine Creations of "Dog Artist" Skip Hartzell
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Hard Rock Cafe® And PacSun Partner To Launch Limited-Edition Merchandise Collection
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber to discuss proposed amendments during Sept. 30 Ballot Review
- Flagler Beach, Bunnell and Flagler County Rotary Clubs Recognize World Polio Day with Proclamations
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Reduce REGEN's Clean DPF's in house for 75% less – ECOFuelMax
- Museum of Graffiti Launches Exclusive OSGEMEOS Capsule Collection
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- President and CEO of Office Pride Commercial Cleaning Services releases book offering an appealing substitute for the corporate grind