- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
- $87.5 million to expand the existing readiness center in Miramar and to establish three new armories in Homestead, Gainesville and Malabar;
- $8.9 million for existing armory maintenance;
- $2.2 million for a new headquarters for the National Guard Counter Drug Program;
- $5.1 million to support Florida National Guardsmen seeking higher-education degrees; and
- $3.5 million to establish the Florida State Guard.
"We are proud of our veterans and active-duty military members and proud of what our communities do to support them," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Florida is one of the most veteran friendly states and I think there are very few places that you would rather be on duty than in the state of Florida. As a veteran, I really appreciate what everyone who wears the uniform does in our state and am excited about these proposals – they will go a long way and have a meaningful impact. In Florida, we are going to continue our momentum of supporting our military, supporting our veterans and being good stewards of our military installations."
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
The military spending budget for the Florida National Guard supports vital emergency response services that the National Guard provides.
The establishment of the Florida State Guard will further support those emergency response efforts in the event of a hurricane, natural disasters and other state emergencies. The $3.5 million to establish the Florida State Guard will enable civilians to be trained in the best emergency response techniques. By establishing the Florida State Guard, Florida will become the 23rd state with a state guard recognized by the federal government.
The budget proposal also includes $12.2 million in scholarships for children and spouses of deceased or disabled veterans, and $3.6 million to improve base infrastructure and support projects that keep our military installations among the best in the nation.
This budget announcement is in addition to other announcements of items that will be in Governor DeSantis' proposed budget to support law enforcement, education, Everglades restoration and water quality projects.
Latest on The Floridant
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI
- Airspan Networks Adds New President and COO, Glenn Laxdal to Execute Growth Strategy and Scale Business
- Harvard Medical Student Discovers 1 Secret Mineral That Helps You Lose 52 lbs In 28 Days
- Integrity Employee Leasing establishes Integrity Charitable Foundation
- Sandy Strickler Earns RE/MAX Hall of Fame Award
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Museum of Illusions Orlando offers special just in time for Valentine's Day
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Achieves Record $1.87 Billion Sales Volume
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Viking Mergers & Acquisitions Announces the Sale and Acquisition of F4 Customs, INC
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- fyxify to Showcase it's SMART Home Service Solutions at the AHR Expo 2022 Las Vegas, NV 1/31 - 2/3
- Greg Anderson appointed executive director of Gulf Coast Village
- Introducing Centralized Record Management for Dealerships
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation