"We thank President Trump and the Federal Emergency Management Agency for providing this relief to Floridians during this time of need," said Governor DeSantis. "These additional funds will provide critical support to Florida's unemployed workforce due to COVID-19."
Florida has been approved to provide and has processed three weeks of LWA program benefits. This means the Department is providing an additional $300 per week to eligible Reemployment Assistance claimants. To be eligible for this benefit, claimants must have a weekly benefit amount of at least $100 in an approved Reemployment Assistance program and must certify that they are unemployed or partially unemployed due to the disruptions caused by COVID-19.
More on The Floridant
- Florida Community Loan Fund Awarded $825,000 for Low-Income Communities
- Palm Beach Dentist Releases New Book "More Tooth Talk!"
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds Trump Administration Actions to Lower the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
Eligible Floridians should anticipate receiving benefits from the LWA program this week. Payments will be provided to eligible Floridians for weeks ending August 1, August 8 and August 15, 2020. The LWA program is administered similarly to the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program. No additional application is necessary. Eligible Floridians who are currently receiving Reemployment Assistance will receive their LWA benefits the same way they receive their weekly Reemployment Assistance benefits. However, a paper check will be issued if the payment method selected is debit card. DEO highly recommends that Reemployment Assistance claimants select direct deposit as their means of receiving benefits to ensure payments are received as quickly as possible.
The Department has updated benefit payment statuses to reflect the FPUC and LWA payments in CONNECT. To better understand a claimant's Reemployment Assistance weekly benefit payment status, view the step by step guide here. To review the Frequently Asked Questions on the LWA program, click here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- League of Women Voters PBC Publishes 2020 VOTERS' GUIDE
- TLC Cleaning owner Trisha Lake expands to open company's 3rd location
- Community partners launch Healthy Minds initiative, to offer free educational events, screenings
- DeSoto Palms, A Physician-Owned Assisted Living Community, Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
- Latin-American award-winning Artists perform virtually in honor of the International Day of Peace
- Capitol Homes Featured in New Englewood Promo Video
- Smart Baking Company products now available at Walmart
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces FEMA Approval of Major Disaster Declaration
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Raises $7,540 for Blessings in a Backpack
- Palladium Energy forms joint venture to develop 500MW utility-scale solar projects across the U.S.
- Alpine Air Products — Your One-Stop-Shop For All Your Indoor Air Purification Needs
- Feature Florida Partnerships launches "Create it Here!"
- Fort Myers financial advisor receives recognition for philanthropy
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- Cleft Patient Combats Bullying in Schools With New E-book
- Survey Highlights Challenges for Post-9/11 Wounded Veterans During Pandemic