The Competitive Florida program establishes a partnership between the community and DEO to create a strategic vision to advance their economic development needs, while ensuring that the community retains the characteristics that make them unique.
"During this unprecedented time, small and rural communities need opportunities to grow and strengthen their local economies," said Governor DeSantis. "I am proud that we are able to offer these eight communities the opportunity to create strategic goals for economic growth and diversity, which is needed as our state faces the economic impacts of COVID-19".
More on The Floridant
- Florida Community Loan Fund Awarded $825,000 for Low-Income Communities
- Palm Beach Dentist Releases New Book "More Tooth Talk!"
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Applauds Trump Administration Actions to Lower the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
Each of the eight communities selected to participate in the Competitive Florida Partnership Program will receive $35,000 to fund the development of a strategic plan for economic growth and diversity, community design and disaster preparedness. The partnership between DEO and the local communities offers long-term technical assistance as DEO connects them to various state and federal resources to support the expansion of their economy.
Competitive Florida Partnership grants are being awarded to the following communities:
- City of Carrabelle City of Lake Helen City of Marathon Community of Eastpoint Indian Trail Improvement Project District Town of Campbellton Town of Lake Hamilton Town of Eatonville
For more information about the Competitive Florida Partnership Program, visit www.FloridaJobs.org/CompetitiveFlorida.
Latest on The Floridant
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- League of Women Voters PBC Publishes 2020 VOTERS' GUIDE
- TLC Cleaning owner Trisha Lake expands to open company's 3rd location
- Community partners launch Healthy Minds initiative, to offer free educational events, screenings
- DeSoto Palms, A Physician-Owned Assisted Living Community, Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
- Latin-American award-winning Artists perform virtually in honor of the International Day of Peace
- Capitol Homes Featured in New Englewood Promo Video
- Smart Baking Company products now available at Walmart
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces FEMA Approval of Major Disaster Declaration
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Raises $7,540 for Blessings in a Backpack
- Palladium Energy forms joint venture to develop 500MW utility-scale solar projects across the U.S.
- Alpine Air Products — Your One-Stop-Shop For All Your Indoor Air Purification Needs
- Feature Florida Partnerships launches "Create it Here!"
- Fort Myers financial advisor receives recognition for philanthropy
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- Cleft Patient Combats Bullying in Schools With New E-book
- Survey Highlights Challenges for Post-9/11 Wounded Veterans During Pandemic