At the announcement, Governor DeSantis was joined by Florida Prepaid College Board Chairman John Rood and members of the Board.
"My administration has been committed to holding the line on the increasing cost of higher education, and as a result, we are starting to see tuition rates level out," said Governor DeSantis. "I thank Chairman Rood and the Board for their wisdom and financial stewardship, without which these incredible savings would not be possible. This price reduction is great news for hardworking Florida families looking to invest in their children's future."
More on The Floridant
- Jacksonville: Retention Pond Safety
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- The Wheel at ICON Park to open June 3
- Community Foundation of Tampa Bay receives $500,000 commitment from The Humana Foundation
- Post-Pandemic Dental Visits Get Safer as Dr. Mitchell Josephs Pioneers Use of Extra-Oral Suction Technology in His Palm Beach Office
More than 108,000 Plans are now paid in full and can receive an average cash refund of $4,700. Plan holders also have the option to transfer their refund to a Florida Prepaid savings account for other college expenses like books, supplies and housing. Pricing for the upcoming 2020 plan year will have the lowest rate in five years, starting at $44 per month for a newborn.
"Our goal has always been to empower and support Florida families by making college savings simple and affordable," said Board Chairman John D. Rood. "The price reduction reflects our unwavering commitment to that objective. We commend Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Legislature for their continued efforts to make a college education affordable for Florida students and families."
Eligible plan holders will receive notification from the Board about their refund and/or payment reduction information. Families can find out how their Plan will be affected by going to MyFloridaPrepaid.com/lowprices.
More on The Floridant
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- EOD Warrior Foundation Announces Key Leadership Change as Ken Falke Retires as Board Chairman
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- Jacksonville: Mayor Implements a Citywide Curfew
Families can also check pricing and payment options using the online Prepaid Plan Pricing Tool.
About Florida Prepaid
Florida Prepaid is the largest, longest running and most successful prepaid plan in the nation with nearly 2 million Florida Prepaid College Plans purchased and more than $14 billion in assets.
While nationwide student loan debt exceeds $1.5 trillion, Florida families have a college savings plan available to help them prepare for the cost of college in advance. Florida Prepaid Plans allow Florida families to lock in the cost of college now, without having to worry about stock market fluctuations or tuition increases.
Prepaid Plans are guaranteed by the State of Florida, so families can never lose money in the Plan. If a child attends a private institution or out-of-state school, a Prepaid Plan will pay the same amount as a public college or university in Florida.
For more information about Florida Prepaid College Plans and the Florida Prepaid College Board, go to MyFloridaPrepaid.com.
Latest on The Floridant
- Office Anything Continuing To Provide Necessary Furniture For Businesses
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- M.O.M continues their six year mission to assist struggling families in Tampa Bay
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- FGBC Certifies UF's Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium 'Florida Green'
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Agreement with USDA to Administer $380 Million for the Recovery of Florida's Timber Industry from Hurricane Michael
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Kyle Cohen to the Twentieth Circuit Court
- WHAT THEY ARE SAYING: Florida Leaders Applaud Governor Ron DeSantis' Appointments of Judge Renatha Francis and John Couriel to the Florida Supreme Court
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closures N Rome Avenue and N Willow Avenue to begin June 2, 2020 for Utility Construction
- Tampa: Temporary Lane Closure on Knights Run Avenue to begin May 29, 2020 for Utility Construction
- Unicorn Children's Foundation to Host a Series of Chats for Parent of Children with Special Needs
- Tampa: Green Spine Cycle Track Extension Construction Contract Advertisement
- City of Tampa Parks & Recreation Department Sharing Best Practices with Summer Camp Providers
- Traci Creighton Earns RENE and e-PRO Certifications
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Viper Equity Partners Says it's Time to Reopen Your Dental Practice. The Experts Agree: Just Do It!