- CHS Board appoints Aristides Pallin as new President & CEO
- Vacation rental startup, Snackt, launches nationwide
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis was joined by Florida parents, students, elected officials and community leaders as he called for a stop to school mask mandates, reinforcing that every parent should have the right to choose what is best for their child. At the event, Governor DeSantis announced that he will issue an executive order directing the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) to enter rulemaking in collaboration with the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) to protect parents' freedom to choose whether their children wear masks.
"The federal government has no right to tell parents that in order for their kids to attend school in person, they must be forced to wear a mask all day, every day," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Many Florida schoolchildren have suffered under forced masking policies, and it is prudent to protect the ability of parents to make decisions regarding the wearing of masks by their children."
More on The Floridant
- Latina Economic Advancement Project Celebrates Launch with Unveiling of Limited-Edition Scarf
- VMA Hosting Robot Brawl at Jackie Robinson Ballpark Oct. 2, 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- Backstage Divas Returns to 98ROCKFEST After Pandemic Hiatus
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
The Governor's Executive Order can be found HERE.
Today's action is in response to several Florida school boards considering or implementing mask mandates in their schools after the Biden Administration issued unscientific and inconsistent recommendations that school-aged children wear masks. FDOH will enter rulemaking in collaboration with FDOE. This is consistent with HB 241 (Parents' Bill of rights), which was signed into law on June 29. The bill outlines parental rights relating to a minor child's education, upbringing and health.
Earlier this week, Governor DeSantis hosted a roundtable discussion about the impacts that mask wearing have in schools. Find the roundtable discussion HERE.
Latest on The Floridant
- Carrier to Acquire BrokerBay Inc., a Leading Digital Real Estate Solutions Provider
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- SRMA to host workforce workshop on September 29, 2021
- Sullivan State Farm Agencies advise Florida property owners to review electrical systems
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as "Top Lawyers"
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- GLOZAL - Creator of the First NFT Music Player Player™ Announces New Additions to Board of Advisors
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Suncoast NPI Announces Local Non-Profit, Tampa Crossroads, as Recipient of Tithing Award
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Colography Group & Halstatt Legacy Partners
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Ian Black Real Estate hires veteran sales associate
- Moss Celebrates Completion of Landmark South in Doral
- Docu-Real TV Series "Awakening Giants" Produced by Legacy Life Productions to Premiere on October 10th on Vimeo as Part of a 3-Day Virtual Event Designed to Inspire Change in Humanity