- Histria Books announces its newest imprint Prende Publishing
- Jacksonville: 7 Creeks Recreation Area
- BayCare Brings New HealthHub Concept to South Tampa
FREE Building Industry Technology Training for the JACKSONVILLE Area Military & Veteran Community
OPEN TO SPOUSES AND DEPENDENTS OVER 18
Home Builders Institute (HBI) is a National Nonprofit Organization that provides training, curriculum development and job placement services for the building industry for the past 50 years. Our training programs are taught in local communities across the country. Our focus is on Building Careers and Changing Lives, To learn more about all that we offer please visit our website at www.hbi.org
Certificates and Workshops Offered Virtually and Physically
- Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) - Carpentry
- OSHA-10 Workplace safety Certification
- First Aid /AED/CPR Certification
- Employability workshop
- Job placement assistance
The PACT curriculum is one of only three U.S. Department of Labor-recognized pre-apprenticeship curricula. HBI's PACT program in Jacksonville is designed to serve Active, Transitioning, Reservist and Veteran Military members along with their Spouses, and Dependents over 18 years of age. Students gain vocational and academic skills to secure meaningful careers across many different sectors of the building industry, giving businesses a competitive edge when hiring new workers. The program uniquely supports students at every stage of the employment continuum—successfully connecting, assessing, training, certifying, and placing students in high-growth building industry careers.
More on The Floridant
- City, Jacksonville Bar Association Partner to Prevent Evictions and Foreclosures
- Better Together launches Hopeful 100 Club
- Staff Appreciation Celebration Recognizes Frontline Workers Serving Seniors at Palm Bay Memory Care
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Board of Psychology
Why take the OSHA 10 Course?
A current OSHA card is an asset in any industry. Safety training enhances your professional marketability and provides a broader spectrum of personal awareness in relation to maintaining safety on the job or at home.
November 16th – December 11th, Monday – Thursday, 9am – 3pm
January 11th – February 5th, Monday – Thursday, 9am – 3pm
FREE Carpentry Training with Home Builders Institute (HBI)
No Cost to Military Members, Spouses, or Dependents
Past or Present*
- HBI (Home Builders Institute): Certifications Offered: OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR/AED, Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training, and Job Placement Promotion Class.
- Classes are held monthly! 2020-2021 calendar Nov 16th, Jan 11th, Feb 16th, Mar 15th, Apr 12th, May 10th, Jun 7th
- Date/Time: Mon-Thurs 9am - 3pm
- Address: 2708 W. Beaver Street, Jacksonville, FL 32254
- For more information or to secure your seat:
More on The Floridant
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Sandra Powell to the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Board of Pharmacy
- Florida's Top Hospitals Join Forces to Launch #MaskUp Campaign to Help Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
- New Book Published by MoonPhaze LLC
- 3D HoloGroup Adds Product Warranty to Product Line
*Eligibility: Florida Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel separating from a Florida military base/within 180 days of separation/involved in a TAPS program may receive the training at NO COST.
• Veterans and Reservist Military Personnel: Must provide their DD214, proof of Florida residency, and right to work in the United States.
• Separating Active Duty Military Personnel: Must provide a completed DD2648 TAP Completion Checklist or DD2958 Individual Transition Plan signed by the service member and the Transition Counselor.
• Veteran/Military Spouse or Dependent: Must provide Military ID or veteran DD214, proof of Florida residency, right to work in the United States, marriage license, or birth certificate.
Latest on The Floridant
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- Paper City Savings positions itself as a full-service community bank with Finastra's Fusion Phoenix core and Fusion Digital Banking
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Jacksonville: City Offices and Facilities Closed for Thanksgiving
- Century 22 Solutions Announces New Board of Advisors Member
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- After Being Granted 2 Additional Money Transmitter Licenses, Gold Payment App CORO Can Now Operate in 19 U.S. States and District of Columbia
- Norman Love Confections opens Chocolate Salon at UTC in Sarasota
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- BullBag Launches in Additional Home Depot Stores Across Florida
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) to Offer New Exhibition, Extended Museum Hours, Virtual Conversations and Family Programs During Miami Art Week, Nov. 29-Dec. 6
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Extends 'Free Nights' Special Offer
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- P&O Cruises extends pause in operations into April 2021
- H.I.G. Capital Closes H.I.G. Europe Capital Partners III at €1.1 Billion