- NexGen Hotels Acquires Best Western Plus in Venice, Florida
- Dogs at the Dentist: How an unlikely partnership is helping treat dental anxiety
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
Florida's private sector employment increased by 0.3 percent (+25,900 jobs) over the month in October 2023, and its unemployment rate was 2.8 percent, more than a percentage point lower than the national rate of 3.9 percent and marking the 36th consecutive month Florida's unemployment rate has remained below the nation's.
The construction industry experienced its fifth consecutive month of growth in October 2023 with 2,500 jobs added since September 2023, and new construction permitting continues to trend upward in Florida, demonstrating its unique level of economic health. Additionally, Florida leads the nation in new business formations with 2.7 million new businesses since 2019.
Secretary of Commerce J. Alex Kelly commented on Governor DeSantis' Freedom First policies which have been credited for driving economic success through investments in workforce education, strong infrastructure and local community development: "The Governor's approach is a constant focus on the key drivers of long-term workforce and economic readiness, a blueprint based on owning the results and being able to hedge against national trends, rather than waiting for empty promises from federal bureaucrats."
More on The Floridant
- Local Cremo Cigars Factory Boosts Tourism in Overtown
- Blueprint to Success: Creating a Unique and Effective Supplement Formula with Private Label Express
- CREFC Welcomes Commercial Real Estate Finance Industry to Annual Miami Conference on January 7-10, 2024
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Vero Beach Florida End Of Year Real EstateTrends
Florida's private sector over-the-year job growth rate has exceeded the nation's for 31 consecutive months at 3.0 percent (+252,900 jobs) compared to 1.7 percent nationally and its labor force has grown or remained steady for 36 consecutive months with an over-the-year growth rate of 3.1 percent in October 2023 — faster than the national rate of 1.9 percent over the same time period. The trade, transportation and utilities sector gained 10,900 jobs from September 2023 while education and health services added 8,500 jobs during this time period as well.
Floridians looking for work or new job opportunities are encouraged to turn to CareerSource Florida network for help with registering with Employ Florida as well as searching listings of available local job openings and perfecting resume writing and interviewing skills among other services provided at no cost to job seekers.. For more information on labor market and economic data visit www.floridajobs/org/labor-market-information/labor-market-information-press-releases/monthly-press-releases or view regional data from Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami Orlando Pensacola Southwest Florida Tampa or West Palm Beach .
Latest on The Floridant
- Attorney Tami Wolfe Certified as Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Snowbird Technologies to Exhibit at the 2024 Military Additive Manufacturing Summit
- Mashman Investments Launches New Website to Showcase Investment Focuses
- Mashman Properties Launches Its New Website
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Trimcraft Of Ft. Myers, Inc
- Isaac Mashman Reveals He's Planning A Non-Profit Initiative, Mashman Global
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Stark display honors Israeli hostages at Jewish Federation of Greater Naples
- Inventor Develops Eye-Catching Accessory for Swimming Pools (FJK-280)
- Registration now open and sponsorships available for Lee Health's 'Caring for the Cape' eve
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces the Focus on Florida's Future Budget Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2024-2025
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Amenity Construction Underway at Lakeview at Tributary
- Carbon Pollution Mandates – Revolt – Reduce Pollution Today Without Going Electric – ECOFuelMax
- Why It Is A Good Time To Make Big Pine Key Florida Your Home
- Tax Advantages Of Owning A Vero Beach Rental Home
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency
- duPont REGISTRY Group names Javier Villamizar and Sandeep Chugani to Board of Directors