- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Laura Moody to the Eastern Florida State College District Board of Trustees
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Sonya Rood to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
"Florida's latest visitation estimates are incredible news for our economy and all Floridians," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Economists originally projected that Florida tourism wouldn't fully recover until 2024, but quarter after quarter, despite the Biden administration's utter failure to manage inflation and the nation's supply chain woes, Florida's visitation numbers continue to break records and defy conventional wisdom. Florida's tourism industry begins 2022 with incredible strength, proving that freedom first policies will always win, especially when combatting the inept economic policies coming out of D.C."
More on The Floridant
- Apyx Medical Corporation to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences in June
- Rising to the Challenge of the Human Experience
- Multi-Billion Dollar Wellness Industry is Fatally Flawed and You're Paying the Price: Here's What You Need to Know
- Jacksonville: Council Vice President Terrance Freeman visit Jaxport for Small Business Appreciation Day
- Jacksonville: Military Affairs and Veterans Department to Host Memorial Day Observance
"Our Q1 visitation estimates show that 2022 is shaping up to be another amazing year for Florida tourism," said Dana Young, VISIT FLORIDA President and CEO. "In addition to breaking more pre-pandemic records domestically, we are seeing an exponential rebound in Orlando as well as our international numbers, which we expect to continue in the months ahead. VISIT FLORIDA is incredibly proud of its marketing efforts that have gotten us here today, and we thank Governor DeSantis for his unwavering support of our organization and tourism industry."
Additional highlights from VISIT FLORIDA's latest visitation estimates include:
- Florida welcomed 1.3 million overseas travelers in Q1 2022, an increase of nearly 169 percent from Q1 2021.
- Overseas visitation to Florida in Q1 2022 was 14 percentage points closer to full recovery than the rest of the United States.
- Canadian visitation to Florida during Q1 2022 accounted for 578,000 visitors, an increase of more than 955 percent from Q1 2021.
- Over 39 percent of visitors traveled to Florida by plane in Q1 2022, marking the highest share for air travel since the onset of the pandemic in 2020.
- Total enplanements in Florida were up over 70 percent in the first quarter of 2022.
- Quarterly hotel demand in Florida exceeded pre-pandemic levels for the first time in Q1 2022. Compared to the same period in 2021, the number of hotel rooms sold grew by 31.4 percent during the first three months of the year. Florida's average daily rate (ADR) was up over 38 percent, and its occupancy rate increased by nearly 24 percent.
Florida tourism's sustained record-breaking growth further demonstrates our state's enduring popularity and leadership in the recovery of the U.S. travel sector. For nearly two years, VISIT FLORIDA's marketing has drawn travelers from far and wide, rebuilding our No.1 industry to new heights, and gaining a tremendous advantage over our competition. With Governor DeSantis' leadership, Florida has transcended the challenges of the pandemic to serve as a role model for tourism and hospitality, and a top global travel destination both in 2022 and beyond.
More on The Floridant
- Up and coming POP / R&B Girl Group Releases New Music Video
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Curso de Credito Miami as a new platinum member
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Amped Fitness as a new platinum member
- Cybersecurity-Focused SYN Ventures Closes $300 Million Fund II
- Industrial IoT edge is now creating savings and opening the door to new revenue sources for enterprises
Latest on The Floridant
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Selected to Benefit in the Fresco y Mas Community Bag Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Christy Bradshaw joins Call It Closed International Realty
- High Quality Promotional Products For Your Business
- Neal Fox's Latest Release, "A Message From Shanghai," Drops June 10, 2022 Across Digital Platforms
- Katapult Events Readies For New Era Of Elite Direct Sales Events
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes RodWraps as a platinum member
- Richmond American Homes opens new Showhomes at TrailMark
- Jacksonville: Council Member Gaffney Sponsors Legislation for Women's Healthcare Rights Bill
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez and Florida Highway Patrol Host Roundtable to Highlight Human Trafficking and Drug Trafficking Prevention Efforts
- iQor Presents at NICE Interactions Live 2022 Event
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Nearly $9 Million for Infrastructure and Economic Development for Gadsden County Communities
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes back Barlop Business Systems as a Trustee
- 54% OFF! Graduation Season Wigs Surprise Sale!!
- Iconic Full-Service South Florida IT Company Continues Rapid Expansion with Notable Acquisition
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history