- NexGen Hotels Acquires Best Western Plus in Venice, Florida
- Dogs at the Dentist: How an unlikely partnership is helping treat dental anxiety
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
The FDOE conducted a thorough investigation and determined that Lower and Upper Sagemont Preparatory Schools in Weston, Parke House Academy in Winter Park, and Park Maitland School in Winter Park have direct ties to the CCP. The Department is working with non-profit scholarship funding organizations to assist impacted students in finding and enrolling in nearby eligible schools.
"The Chinese Communist Party is not welcome in the state of Florida," said Governor DeSantis. "We will not put up with any attempt to influence students with a communist ideology or allow Floridians' tax dollars to go to schools that are connected to our foreign adversaries."
More on The Floridant
- Local Cremo Cigars Factory Boosts Tourism in Overtown
- Blueprint to Success: Creating a Unique and Effective Supplement Formula with Private Label Express
- CREFC Welcomes Commercial Real Estate Finance Industry to Annual Miami Conference on January 7-10, 2024
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Vero Beach Florida End Of Year Real EstateTrends
Education Commissioner Manny Diaz Jr. echoed this sentiment: "The Chinese Communist Party has no place in our schools. I am grateful for Governor DeSantis and the Florida Legislature for their work to keep students and our communities safe from foreign countries of concern."
Since taking office, Governor DeSantis has enacted major educational reforms targeting the CCP such as blocking access to TikTok on educational institution servers and devices; prohibiting state colleges and universities from accepting any grant from or participating in any agreement or partnership with any college or university based in China or another foreign country of concern; prohibiting state colleges and universities from soliciting or accepting any gift from a college or university based in China; and banning "Confucius Institutes" which serve as propaganda centers for the CCP.
Governor DeSantis' decision is an important step towards protecting Floridians from foreign adversaries.
Latest on The Floridant
- Attorney Tami Wolfe Certified as Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Snowbird Technologies to Exhibit at the 2024 Military Additive Manufacturing Summit
- Mashman Investments Launches New Website to Showcase Investment Focuses
- Mashman Properties Launches Its New Website
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Trimcraft Of Ft. Myers, Inc
- Isaac Mashman Reveals He's Planning A Non-Profit Initiative, Mashman Global
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Stark display honors Israeli hostages at Jewish Federation of Greater Naples
- Inventor Develops Eye-Catching Accessory for Swimming Pools (FJK-280)
- Registration now open and sponsorships available for Lee Health's 'Caring for the Cape' eve
- Governor Ron DeSantis Announces the Focus on Florida's Future Budget Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2024-2025
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Amenity Construction Underway at Lakeview at Tributary
- Carbon Pollution Mandates – Revolt – Reduce Pollution Today Without Going Electric – ECOFuelMax
- Why It Is A Good Time To Make Big Pine Key Florida Your Home
- Tax Advantages Of Owning A Vero Beach Rental Home
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency
- duPont REGISTRY Group names Javier Villamizar and Sandeep Chugani to Board of Directors