- CHS Board appoints Aristides Pallin as new President & CEO
- Vacation rental startup, Snackt, launches nationwide
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
"This relief funding is incredibly important and critically necessary to Port Canaveral and the many thousands of jobs that depend on our success," said Capt. John Murray, Canaveral Port Authority CEO. "Our role and responsibility as a major economic driver for the State of Florida could not be fulfilled without the partnership of the Florida Department of Transportation and the strategic investments the agency has made in our growth. We are enormously grateful and thank Governor DeSantis and Secretary Thibault for your continuing support of us."
More on The Floridant
- Latina Economic Advancement Project Celebrates Launch with Unveiling of Limited-Edition Scarf
- VMA Hosting Robot Brawl at Jackie Robinson Ballpark Oct. 2, 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- Backstage Divas Returns to 98ROCKFEST After Pandemic Hiatus
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
"Throughout the pandemic, Port Everglades remained open while operating at a significant loss because Florida residents cannot survive without the commodities that ships carry," said Jonathan Daniels, Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director. "This relief package that Gov. DeSantis and Secretary Thibault worked throughout the pandemic to secure will provide greatly needed support for Port Everglades and other seaports in Florida to continue operating and employing skilled labor. Seaports are the lifeblood of our community, especially in a pandemic when PPE, fuel and food are daily necessities. This federal relief is critical to keep the supply chain moving."
"JAXPORT is extremely grateful for the long-standing support we have received from Governor DeSantis and Secretary Thibault," said Eric Green, JAXPORT Chief Executive Officer. "Through this historic investment, we are well-positioned to not only protect Florida jobs but to also continue to grow our port and the positive impact we have on the economy of our region and state."
"On behalf of PortMiami and the residents of Miami-Dade County, I want to express our sincere gratitude to Governor Ron DeSantis for this allocation," said Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine-Cava. "PortMiami and our local cruising industry is a cornerstone of our regional economy and we are grateful for pivotal state and federal support for our Port during this challenging time."
Read the full announcement here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Carrier to Acquire BrokerBay Inc., a Leading Digital Real Estate Solutions Provider
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- SRMA to host workforce workshop on September 29, 2021
- Sullivan State Farm Agencies advise Florida property owners to review electrical systems
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as "Top Lawyers"
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- GLOZAL - Creator of the First NFT Music Player Player™ Announces New Additions to Board of Advisors
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Suncoast NPI Announces Local Non-Profit, Tampa Crossroads, as Recipient of Tithing Award
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Colography Group & Halstatt Legacy Partners
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Ian Black Real Estate hires veteran sales associate
- Moss Celebrates Completion of Landmark South in Doral
- Docu-Real TV Series "Awakening Giants" Produced by Legacy Life Productions to Premiere on October 10th on Vimeo as Part of a 3-Day Virtual Event Designed to Inspire Change in Humanity