- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
FROM: Taryn Fenske, Communications Director, Governor Ron DeSantis
DATE: January 6, 2022
RE: Executive Order 22-01 (Executive Order of Suspension)
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 22-01 (Executive Order of Suspension).
A copy of Executive Order 22-01 is provided below. A PDF copy is available here.
Director of Communications
Governor Ron DeSantis
STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 22-01
(Executive Order of Suspension)
WHEREAS, Article IV, Section 7(a) of the Florida Constitution provides that the Governor may suspend from office any county officer for commission of a felony; and
WHEREAS, Oren Miller is presently serving as a County Commissioner for Sumter County, Florida, District 5, having been elected in 2020 to serve a four-year term; and
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
WHEREAS, on December 14, 2021, Oren Miller was charged by Information with the felony charge of perjury in an official proceeding, in violation of section 837.02(1), Florida Statutes; and
WHEREAS, a violation of section 837.02(1), Florida Statutes, constitutes a felony in the third degree; and
WHEREAS, it is in the best interests of the residents of Sumter County, and the citizens of the State of Florida, that Oren Miller be immediately suspended from the public office that he now holds, upon the grounds set forth in this executive order.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, Governor of Florida, pursuant to Article IV, Section 7(a), find as follows:
- Oren Miller is, and at all times material hereto was, County Commissioner, District 5, Sumter County, Florida.
- The office of County Commissioner, District 5, Sumter County, Florida, is within the purview of the suspension powers of the Governor, pursuant to Article IV, Section 7(a).
- The Information alleges that Oren Miller has committed felony acts in violation of the Laws of Florida. This suspension is predicated upon the attached Information, which is incorporated as if fully set forth in this Executive Order.
BEING FULLY ADVISED in the premises, and in accordance with the Constitution and the Laws of the State of Florida, this Executive Order is issued, effective immediately:
More on The Floridant
- Arrow Rehab Welcomes Dianna Pucci to St. Augustine Office
- Statement from Majestic Steel
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
Section 1. Oren Miller is suspended from the public office, that he now holds, to wit: County Commissioner, District 5, Sumter County, Florida.
Section 2. Oren Miller is prohibited from performing any official act, duty, or function of public office; from receiving any pay or allowance; and from being entitled to any of the emoluments or privileges of public office during the period of this suspension, which period shall be from today, until further Executive Order is issued, or as otherwise provided by law.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and have caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed at the Capital, Tallahassee, Florida, this 6th day of January, 2022.
Latest on The Floridant
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Global Paytech Ventures invests in PeachPay's Superior One-Click Checkout for Online Merchants
- Florida: "It's Not Disheartening, It's Disgusting": At Governor DeSantis' Roundtable Discussion, Physicians and Patients React to Federal Government Ending Access to COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Race of the Runways for Rotary 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser Scheduled for Feb. 26, 2022
- Pace Center for Girls announces auction lots for Believing in Girls Gala
- Sunshine Ace Hardware presents donations to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Orchid Island Capital to Announce Fourth Quarter 2021 Results
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- B.A.S.E. MISSION, LLC Secures Funding to Launch Industry Changing HEALTH INITIATIVE PLATFORM
- Tips for Preventing Rodent Infestations During Florida Cold Spells
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- eCapital Strengthens Alternative Finance Footprint with Portfolio Purchase of UMB Bank's Accounts Receivable Financing Division
- The Florida Forum to Welcome Tim McGraw on Feb. 16
- Zero Gravity Solutions, Inc.'s Announces the Publication of an Important Research Paper in the International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review