- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes Quick Logistic US as Trustee
- Integrity Employee Leasing announces employee promotions
- The X-Guide Dental Technology Is Now Used At The Implants4All Office In Port St. Lucie, FL!
TO: Members of the Press
FROM: Taryn Fenske, Director of Communications, Governor Ron DeSantis
DATE: Thursday, November 10, 2022
RE: Executive Order 22-256 (Amending Executive Order 22-253, Emergency Management – Hurricane Nicole)
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 22-256 (Amending Executive Order 22-253, Emergency Management – Hurricane Nicole), expanding the state of emergency to all 67 Florida counties.
Thursday morning, Hurricane Nicole made landfall as a Category 1 Hurricane near Vero Beach, Florida. As of 10:00am, Nicole was downgraded to a tropical storm with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. The Florida Division of Emergency Management, working with the National Hurricane Center to evaluate weather predictions, has determined there is a continuing risk of dangerous storm surge, heavy rainfall, flash flooding, strong winds, hazardous seas, and isolated tornadic activity. Timely precautions are needed to restore the impacted communities, infrastructure, and the general welfare of Florida.
A copy of Executive Order 22-256 can be found here.
More on The Floridant
- Stacy Rose stars in Apple TV+ series Season 2 "Little America"
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Shares His Tips For Creating Quality Content For Social Media
- TherapeuticsMD Announces Definitive Agreements to License its Products to Mayne Pharma
- David Steinfeld named to 2023 U.S. News Best Lawyers in America list
- Florida Retirement Is Murder ~ Novel
Director of Communications
Governor Ron DeSantis
STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 22-256
(Amending Executive Order 22-253, Emergency Management-Hurricane Nicole)
WHEREAS, on November 7, 2022, I issued Executive Order 22-253 and declared a state of emergency exists for thirty-four counties in Florida's Peninsula due to then-Subtropical Storm Nicole; and
WHEREAS, on November 9, 2022, I issued Executive Order 22-255, amending Executive Order 22-253 by adding coastal and inland counties in Central and North Florida to the state of emergency; and
WHEREAS, as of 6:00 PM on November 9, 2022, Nicole had strengthened into a hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 75 mph as it passed over Grand Bahama Island and approached Florida's East Coast; and
WHEREAS, in the early morning hours of November 10, 2022, Hurricane Nicole made landfall as a Category 1 Hurricane near Vero Beach, Florida, with sustained winds of approximately 75 mph and is expected to move northwest across Florida's Peninsula and exit partially into the Gulf of Mexico before making a second landfall in the Florida Big Bend on Thursday night; and
WHEREAS, the Florida Division of Emergency Management, working together with the National Hurricane Center to evaluate weather predictions, has determined there is a continuing risk of dangerous storm surge, heavy rainfall, flash flooding, strong winds, hazardous seas, and isolated tornadic activity for much of Florida's Peninsula and portions of the Florida Big Bend, North Florida, and Northeast Florida; and
More on The Floridant
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Makes Two Judicial Appointments
- LuxUrban Hotels Announces Executive Promotions and Transition
- Florida: Inaugural Native American Heritage Month Student and Educator Contest Winners Announced in Ceremony at Governor's Mansion
- Valerie's House Founder Appears on National Television
WHEREAS, the threat posed by Hurricane Nicole requires that timely precautions are taken to protect the communities, critical infrastructure, and general welfare of Florida; and
WHEREAS, as Governor, I am responsible to meet the dangers presented to Florida and its people by this emergency.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section l(a) of the Florida Constitution and by the Florida Emergency Management Act, as amended, and all other applicable laws, promulgate the following Executive Order, to take immediate effect:
Section 1. Section 1 of Executive Order 22-253 is amended to include the entire State of Florida.
Section 2. Except as amended herein, Executive Order 22-253 is ratified and reaffirmed.
Section 3. This Order is effective immediately.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed, at Tallahassee, this 10th day of November, 2022.
Governor Ron DeSantis
Attest: Secretary of State
Latest on The Floridant
- Tickets still available for United Way's Dec. 14 campaign kickoff
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Cordell Broadus Partners With Tezos Foundation to Launch the Champ Medici Arts Fund $1 Million Initiative to Support Emerging Artists
- PulteGroup opens for sales at Rolling Hills in St. Johns County
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards Over $22 Million for Water Quality Projects to Benefit Biscayne Bay
- GA Telesis Component Repair Group Announces New Main Engine Fuel Pump Capability
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
- Unicoin Launches Global Art Investment Initiative During Miami Art Week
- Titan Pressure Washing Featured In East Palm City Living Magazine for Exceeding the Expected
- Pediatrix® Medical Group Releases Inaugural Sustainability Report
- New consultancy launches to address poor communication within digital transformation projects
- Hurricane Ian Survivors Story told in their words
- Charity for Change's gala 'Planting Seeds of Humanity' raises $365,000
- Fuel is on the Rise, Individual's and Truckers are asking how to Save on Fuel - ECOFuelMax
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Easy Way to Clean Paint Roller Covers (MOT-148)
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st
- Publix Lakeland Division vice president to retire; new vice president announced
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Celebrates 20th Annual Holiday Gift Box Program
- Pickleball Champ Regina Goldberg Joins The Hunters Run Professional Team As Its New Pickleball Director