- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd - 108
- Helios Technologies Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Assets of Joyonway to Further Expand Electronic Controls Platform
- FitterPaws Comfort Dog Chews And Treats
The bill takes aim at arbitrary lockdowns, vaccine passports and enhances emergency preparedness for future emergencies. Governor DeSantis also signed Executive Orders 21-101 and 21-102 suspending all local emergency orders until July 1, 2021, at which point local orders will be permanently invalidated pursuant to SB 2006.
"Over the last year we've avoided protracted lockdowns and school closures in Florida because I have refused to take the same approach as other lockdown Governors. This legislation ensures that legal safeguards are in place so that local governments cannot arbitrarily close our schools or businesses," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "In Florida, your personal choice regarding vaccinations will be protected and no business or government entity will be able to deny you services based on your decision. I'd like to thank President Simpson, Speaker Sprowls and the Florida Legislature for getting this legislation got across the finish line."
More on The Floridant
- New Book "finding Your Company's Spiritual Purpose" Hopes To Encourage Greater Level Of Community Involvement
- Unice Hair Brand Day × Graduation 2021 SUPER Sale!
- Tommy Bohanon Foundation exceeds fundraising goal to support at-risk youth
- New Report Ends Corporate Media's Favorite False Narrative About Florida's Successful COVID-19 Response
- Following CDC Guidance, Face Coverings Made Optional for Fully Vaccinated Individuals Inside Publix Stores
"While many states around the country are just now beginning to re-open, under the leadership of Governor DeSantis, Florida has been responsibly opening back up over the last year. Our economy is bouncing back stronger than anyone could have imagined as more and more people flee high tax, high regulation states and chose the freedom we have here in Florida," said Senate President Wilton Simpson. "This legislation codifies the actions our Governor took to over the last year to respond to the pandemic, from our state stockpile to a dedicated emergency fund. It also protects us from the government overreach we have seen in other states."
"We have made it a mission in Florida to be ready for whatever disaster comes our way. Nobody could have predicted we would face a global pandemic such as this, but this session we looked at every aspect of the pandemic to determine how we can best be prepared for the threat of tomorrow. This bill balances protecting public health and guarding our economy from government overreach," said Speaker of the House Chris Sprowls. "I applaud Governor DeSantis for doing what was necessary, despite the cries of critics and naysayers, to ensure Florida remained healthy and strong."
"If there is one thing that this pandemic has taught us, it is that Florida continues to be the example of how to govern during these unprecedented times. Leaders like Governor Ron DeSantis, President Wilton Simpson, and Speaker Chris Sprowls are the reason that vaccines are widely available, our business are back open, and we continue to head down the path of normalcy again. The passing and signing of SB 2006 codifies many of the lessons learned from the ongoing pandemic. I couldn't have gotten this bill across the finish line without my colleague Rep. Tom Leek in the House. There is still work that needs to be done and I look forward to marching towards a better, safer future," said Senator Danny Burgess.
More on The Floridant
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Matthew Bruno as Chair and Chereen Coile to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe Board of Directors
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Florida Communities Trust Governing Board
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Two to the Suwannee River Water Management District Governing Board
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Northwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Two to the St. Johns River Water Management District Governing Board
"This legislation strikes the appropriate balance between protecting one's safety and one's personal liberty," said Representative Tom Leek.
SB 2006 will ensure that neither the state nor local governments can close businesses or keep students out of in-person instruction at Florida schools, except for hurricane emergencies, and caps all local emergency at seven-day increments.
The legislation also allows the Governor of Florida to invalidate a local emergency order if it unnecessarily restricts individual rights or liberties. The bill also improves Florida's emergency planning for future public health emergencies, by adding personal protective equipment and other public health supplies to the inventory of the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
Additionally, the legislation codifies the prohibition of COVID-19 vaccine passports. Governor DeSantis enacted this prohibition through an executive order last month, blocking any business or government entity from requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Latest on The Floridant
- New from Down & Out Books: WANNABE by M. Wallace Herron
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction Between Harryco LLC and Silverbridge Capital
- SW Regional Manufacturers Association announces summer event series
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- Attorney Bruce L. Scheiner celebrates 50 years of practicing law and service in Southwest Florida
- CareTime Launches Integrated Payments Solution
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Hudson Grove, a New-Home Community in North Jacksonville, Priced from the $270,000s
- Activist/Ganjapreneur Ed "NJWeedman" Forchion Promotes "Puff & Paint" Cannabis Creativity
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Hispanic Women Leaders and We The Women Movement join forces to bring back EMPRESARIAS 2021
- Lake Nona Social relaunches women's events with Sip & Flamingle
- Professional Women of Flagler County to Host Event May 19 at Moonrise Brewing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Robbins LLP Announces That PureCycle Technologies, Inc. (PCT) is Being Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- Legacy Trust Counsel Announces Family Emergency & Wealth Legal Planning Free Workshop
- Florida: Governor DeSantis Signs Bill Allowing To-Go Sales of Alcoholic Beverages by Restaurants
- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd
- Travel + Leisure Co. Declares Cash Dividend
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Announces Upcoming Virtual Conference Participation
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Regatta Real Estate Management Inc & Fyve
- Celebrate the Model Home Village Grand Opening at Tributary on May 22