- 2023 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Boys & Girls Club recognizes Karen Pulte with Giving is Living Award
- Veterans For Trump aka VFAF: Trump Bus rolls into Georgia Ron DeSantis event overshadowing Tiny Desantis box truck at Veterans for Trump mini-rally
Earlier this month Congress took action to pass legislation which would keep politics out of Americans' retirement funds; however President Biden has promised to veto this measure in order to further his progressive agenda. In a joint statement proposed by Florida these states committed to lead state-level efforts to protect individuals from the ESG movement that threatens the vitality of the American economy and Americans' economic freedom. This includes removing all state pension funds and state-controlled investments from firms that follow the ESG model of 'politics before fiduciary duty'.
More on The Floridant
- ACHECF Student Associates - The Future Leaders of Healthcare
- ACHECF Take On Congress on Healthcare Leadership
- Mounts Botanical Garden to Host Popular Spring Plant Festival & Sale, April 29-30
- Health Cola Company Inc. Launches Namesake Naturally Refreshing Soft Drink
- City of Jacksonville & Icemen Announce Details of Guns n' Hoses Charity Game
Governor DeSantis stated "At my direction Florida has led the way in combatting the pernicious effects of the ESG regime by directing our state pension fund managers to reject ESG and instead focus on obtaining the highest return on investment for Florida's taxpayers and retirees. At the time I said we would spearhead an initiative to join with other like-minded states to send an even louder message to the financial industry that the American people have rejected ESG at the ballot box and ideologues cannot and should not circumnavigate the will of the people. Today we have delivered on that promise."
Florida has emerged as America's economic engine with an unemployment rate consistently lower than that of other states as well as having had a higher rate of business formations than any other state. Governor DeSantis announced legislation last month in order to protect Floridians from ESG which includes prohibiting big banks trusts and other financial institutions from discriminating against customers for their religious political or social beliefs; prohibiting banks that engage in corporate activism from holding government funds; prohibiting all state entities from considering giving preference or requesting information about ESG as part of procurement or contracting processes; directing Attorney General and Commissioner of Financial Regulation to enforce these provisions; as well as directing SBA Trustees at August 2022 meeting to pass a resolution specifying investment decisions must be based only on pecuniary factors which do not include consideration for social political or ideological interests.
More on The Floridant
- Jacksonville: FDOT to Host Grand Opening and Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony for the Fuller Warren Shared Use Path
- Florida: Governor DeSantis Signs One Bill
- First Lady Casey DeSantis Announces Hope Florida – A Pathway to Potential, Expanding the Hope Florida Model to Support At-Risk Youth and Their Families
- Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Legislation to Support Economic Development Through Record Funding for Florida's Housing Programs
- Governor Ron DeSantis Awards More Than $5.4 Million to Four Small and Rural Florida Communities
In December 2021 Governor DeSantis also directed SBA take back control of state pension fund's proxy voting from outside fund managers who were pursuing ideological outcomes which posed a threat to return on investment for state funds.
The alliance formed today is seen as a strong message sent by these states against President Biden's progressive agenda while protecting individuals from potential threats posed by ESG movement towards American economy and economic freedom.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Floridant
- Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Opportune Buyers For Significantly MORE Money
- Crystal Clean Green Cleaning recognized by the American Heart Association for commitment to wellness
- Snowbird Technologies Joins the Global Special Operations Forces Foundation
- Sponsorships available for NAMI Collier County's 'Hope Shines' mental health awareness walk
- Access Control Systems Expands and Rebrands as Guardian Access Solutions as Part of Increased Service Offerings
- Intracoastal Bank Announces Jay Coomes as Chief Technology Officer
- Suing the U.S. Government to Save the Coral Reefs
- Cooking with Love: Norman Love Confections expands cooking class schedules
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens Urgent Care Clinic in Marietta
- The Implants4All Office Has Just Released Their Latest Podcast, Full Arch Training Program!
- Agent Paula Flores Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- Olga Torres Named Top Advisor by Foreign Investment Watch
- Attorney Steve Hilst Named Partner at Bisnar Chase
- Local Business wants to support local artist with gallery
- Cars of the stars and memorabilia all located in Dezerland Orlando's meeting and event space
- WCRx Pharmacy Partners with Florida Medicaid to Improve Access to Medication
- Summer VPK registration underway in Lee, Collier, Hendry and Glades Counties
- New xBit Digital Case Management Feature Saves Examiners Hours of Required Report Upload Time
- Daniel Imperato on NAACP Call to Issue Travel Advisory for Florida
- IntellaTriage Hires New Vice President of Technology